Premium member bullshit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what about the people who can't afford to pay for a banner then you have others who can maybe they can donate without receiving anything in return for me it is bullshit another skin you can get I support my team by watching every game win or lose
Even though Wahesh covered it perfectly, I'm having my say.
If you don't want to donate/upgrade or pay for a banner as you put it, then don't, simple. It's not as if every kenneler got an email stating unless you upgrade you won't be allowed to post. As others have pointed out, this site isn't free to run, and the banner is a nice little gesture for contributing something. In saying that, I haven't upgraded or donated because I have money tied up elsewhere, and aren't currently working, if I was I would. it doesn't mean I'm going to start a thread complaining about a banner

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
would it make you feel better if we paid for you? im sure we can come up with a gofund me to set you up, i understand some people can't afford things.
@steve1700 I'm actually serious here, I'm happy to give up my coffee for a day.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate The Kennel is not a free website to run. The admin have to pay for this site to stay up. If others here can help them financially with that, there's nothing wrong with that. The banner is a small token of appreciation. This is more than just a website, it's also a place where people have met and connected over something meaningful very special to them... and that is The Bulldogs. There are people here who have formulated real-life friendships, meaningful discussions and also a chance to speak about things that affect them, get it off their chests and that often helps. Now if you don't want to pay for a banner, then don't, no one is forcing you too nor are they questioning how deeply you support them team. I don't pay for the service here as I have a home loan and what have you, but others do and I appreciate that. If you don't like this entire forum over a simple banner advertisement, I think that's rather petty.
Funny was happy to contribute, Emailed for info but no reply, to old for internet banking and the rest of this hytech bullshit.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate put the bong down lmao

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
thanks but no thanks I don't need a banner to say I'm a true doggies supporter.
Tbh I haven't seen any premium member parade the fact and act all holier-than-thou.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
that's uncalled for bringing the mighty bears into it... RIP

I would never buy a banner but if the site was struggling through financial hardship I sure as hell would donate.
We're you a bears fan before they went belly up and joined the Dogs? Or are they your second team?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh this pops up every so often... let me clarify.

There are a few things in the pipeline for it.
a) A Lifetime Premium Giveaway to anyone that posts in a specific thread.
b) Premium Membership being discontinued.

It's a bit of a throwback to when The Kennel used VBulletin and you could upgrade various things to do with your user account. These days Gilded (donation) and Premium Members are almost one and the same, and the difference between them is next to nothing.

I know it states "protection from permabans", but in all honesty if you push your luck that's still going to happen regardless.

It's primary focus is to offer support for the site. Paypal really is the only way at the moment.

I'll see if I can get a more definitive answer on the above.

Tbh I haven't seen any premium member parade the fact and act all holier-than-thou.
That's because you missed the last Secret Order of the Premium Members meeting. Was a good one... we sacrificed a goat and all dressed up in robes and cast a curse on Cameron Smith NOT to win the Daly M.
Next meeting I think we are going to build a shrine to Lachy Lewis!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I deserve to be premium member because I’m sure I’ve made at least 10 lurkers register to give me shit and disagree with my posts?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Upon consultation with the site owners, please be advised that Premium Membership has been disabled until furthur notice.

In addition if people wish to donate, it can be done be credit/debit card without needing a Paypal account.
At present there is not a way to process payment by any other method, as The Kennel does not have a physical bank account or anything.

The Kennel does have it's own Paypall account, which is used to pay server bills, forum add-ons, and other subscriptions. The Google Ads on this site also shoot revenue back into that same account I believe.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well this escalated quite quickly :confused:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why dude?
It's been talked about being removed from the site for quite some time, and were of the understanding it was already disabled a while back. Turns out it wasn't.

So we've now disabled it.

Not sure what the future is for it (and banners for those with Premium Membership).

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Upon consultation with the site owners, please be advised that Premium Membership has been disabled until furthur notice.

In addition if people wish to donate, it can be done be credit/debit card without needing a Paypal account.
At present there is not a way to process payment by any other method, as The Kennel does not have a physical bank account or anything.

The Kennel does have it's own Paypall account, which is used to pay server bills, forum add-ons, and other subscriptions. The Google Ads on this site also shoot revenue back into that same account I believe.
I’ll donate $25 next Thursday when I get paid.
But I don’t care if I have a premium tag or not?
Just want to give something back.
I’ve been posting on here for years on and off, even met some good people on here.

Then MySpace and Facebook came along and stuffed all that up.

I actually preferred communicating via MSN messenger over CIA messenger!

Status
Not open for further replies.