Predictions for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im expecting big things by the boys. I really think Dean Pay will have a massive influence on the group.

If Mbye is fullback im expecting a breakout year from him.

Woods and Klem will be come the best front row in the comp, and our entire pack will play with the gusto Dean pay used to play with. I expect fualalo to come along nicely next year and mature into a great prop.

The dogs of war will return. We will start beating teams into submission again.

Foran will find his old self and have a cracker of a season. Hopefully partnered by a dynamic Cleeland.

Knights will make the 8. They were so close in so many games this year, and they were apparently a mil under the cap with a very young and inexperienced team. They will be massive movers this year, especially if Ponga and Connor Watson kill it.

I dont understand how anyone could not be optimistic about next year!!! We will make the 8, hopefully even better.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Top 6 for me.

If Foran is fit there is no reason why we can't. We have the Australian front row and a SOO rep in Jackson. Backed up by some decent players in RFM Martin and Fualalo. Foran should get decent ball and if fit we should make the finals.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How on earth can you be worried about Jackson as captain but then suggest Foran? CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP SUGGESTING FORAN BE OUR CAPTAIN!!!

Why? why is it your displeasure if KF is selected as the Captain or at least one of the co-catains if thats the way they decide to go?? and stop fucking YELLING FFS!! :tonguewink:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to next season, not because i think we are going to win the comp but just to see the team play with the shackles removed and hopefully seeing the squad all buy into what dean pay is selling. Looking forward to seeing the bulldogs again, not this boring shit desball rubbish we all put up with for far too long.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Any year that i have hope (which is most years before Desball became a thing) i believe we will win it until we can't. And finish top 4 in the main season until we can't.

No reason to lack hope for next season since the death of Desball. A new coach with something to prove and passion for the club. Pay having more imagination in attack is a given. A pot plant has more vision in attack than Des did. So look out, annoyingly positive Dognacious might make a comeback next season lol. Sadly Des kicked that out of me this season.

Players all have something to prove too, and will probably be happier under Pay than under Des. And Desball was getting worse with time.

We have a few good new players. I think the team is better now overall on paper. In the last 3 rounds of last season we proved we could play well with what we had then. So i 100% expect a better year next year.

I just am thankful every day that Des did go. Imagine how hopeless we would feel now if we knew we had another year of Desball coming up?

Last edited:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a tonne of leadership and experience in this team Jackson, Foran, Woods, Morris boys, Klem which is a positive. The Unknown spine is my only real concern. Pay needs to work the new spine overtime in the off-season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still a bit concerned about Lichaa and his DH service. If he's able to improve here alongside of using his running game our pack can dominate. If he's slow and only throws short balls the pack will struggle and our halves won't be classed as first receivers. So I'm hoping he gets this right this year or is used as backup.

I'm confident our halves can improve. Foran has a decent kicking game and he tends to make good quick judgement calls. If he partners someone who can also offer some good fifth tackle options we'll add another set of attacking options. Frawley has decent kicking skills but could get a bit quicker with taking his kicks. Mbye hasn't displayed much more than the occasional grubber and the cross field floater. Aside from that I couldn't rate our lower grades since I ddon't get to see them play. But I'm confident we'll get them firing.

Our backline still has plenty of talent, but they will rely on good service from the halves to show their best football. This year i think they had to create most of the chances through footwork. If our halves can do better at attracting defenders to give them more half chances they will do better. And if we have a more complete set of kicking options it will also make them look better.

I think we'll finish between 3-7 on the ladder. If our halves click possibly higher. But support play needs to improve and our finishing options can't be limited.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cowboys have the best pack by a country mile
I totally agree with you.

Only forwards in our pack who are top quality is Klemmer & Jackson even though imo Jackson should move to lock as he hasnt got much in attack on the edge.

Lichaa did improve in his last 3 games though we definitely need another hooker/utility on the bench

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Foran is fit and healthy and plays as well or close to his Manly days then the team will look a lot different to 2017. He is a gifted runner , defender and ball player. I'd be a bit worried if he doesn't fire because that leaves the halves looking very average it seems.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Only forwards in our pack who are top quality is Klemmer & Jackson even though imo Jackson should move to lock as he hasnt got much in attack on the edge.

Lichaa did improve in his last 3 games though we definitely need another hooker/utility on the bench
Seriously??????? How about woods? Fualalo was a gun with limited opportunity this year, and im sure he will improve even more next year. RFM looks the goods if he can control his offloads and get more game time, and i also think elliot shows a lot of promise. He just needs to cut some of the errors out of his game which im sure he will. Tualau has good potential as well. And as much as people hate on him, Tolman does a hell of a lot of the hard work, and always makes those scrambling tackles.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its a shame as we had sooo much depth in the forwards before hasbeen arrived and now we are very thin with quality.

Pay needs time and hopefully he makes the right calls at the end of 2018 with a few players off contract eating up at the cap

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
RFM will take his game to the next level and we will finally see if Mbye is a fullback or not

Status
Not open for further replies.