Predictions for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a thread for all those who think they've got a sixth sense . It can either improve your future standing as a credible poster or ruin it depending on the outcome..

Anyhow I'm feeling a bit uneasy about next season because I can't get reading on our new team, New coach, new CEO..

It's making me uneasy , I'm feeling negative about our upcoming season.

Maybe it's just where I'm at atm.

But for starters we have no natural charismatic captain which I think makes or breaks any team.

Lots of people think JJ should be the captain but I think JJ 's skills and strengths will be severely compromised if he has to endure such a role., much like Graham's was.

Graham however will become a beast again at St George. (my prediction)

Sorry for the disjointed thread but that's pretty much how I feel about the season..

Does anyone dare to predict anything about 2018?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a thread for all those who think they've got a sixth sense . It can either improve your future standing as a credible poster or ruin it depending on the outcome..

Anyhow I'm feeling a bit uneasy about next season because I can't get reading on our new team, New coach, new CEO..

But for starters we have no natural charismatic captain which I think makes or breaks any team.

Lots of people think JJ should be the captain but I think JJ 's skills and strengths will be severely compromised if he has to endure such a role., much like Graham's was.

Sorry for the disjointed thread but that's pretty much how I feel about the season..

I'm the opposite to you, I am so excited by the changes I feel like the place is buzzing.. we are going to have the best season we have had in quite some time.. Woods will surprise I feel. Foran to set up plenty of tries!!

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The biggest challenge and the real indicator for us will be whether we have enough gears in us and in our footy. Will Pay be able to get the team to produce the type of performance that will make other teams sit up and take notice? Most of us had the Storm premiers in August (even earlier) because we just knew that they were able to meet the challenge of the big game occasion. We'd seen it happen throughout the year, especially that game against the Broncos where they just blew them off the park.

Over the years watching the Dogs has been so frustrating because alot of matches were tight, dour struggles. A little improvement which i expect in 2018 will see us win a few more games but the big test is whether we can play footy that really has us challenging for a title. If the Storm are the benchmark then we have a lot of work to do.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
With a new coach 1st year it is hard to know where the team will finish next season.

I think it will be the 10 to 14 win range.

But my biggest question who will partner Foran in the halves?
I think Foran will lead the team around the park and straighten the attack.

But it will be a pleasure to watch a more entertaining style of football, hopefully.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Great post, I agree with your concerns on JJ!
Kieran Foran or Woodsy as Captain IMO
Graham will be a lot better without the Captaincy next year, He was a terrible Captain with us IMO.
Barring injuries......................top 6.
I am feeling more on the positive side with our chances next year but definitely not negative, I never am with the Doggies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't understand as a person who has so much passion for his club how anyone who is in any way a fan could not be totally optimistic about the new season, no matter what. We are equal competition leaders at this stage of the season and have improved in a number of key areas, none the least of which is in the back office operations which if it goes according to what they have demonstrated previously should see us at least a 30% better outfit than this year. I agree with others that there is a buzz about next season and unlike last year I think the top 40 players are all looking forward with the thought they are going to be in FG as opposed to previous years when half of them were only going through the motions. JJ is already the leader of the club - I've mentioned how he performs off the field before. On field, his actions will drive the team. Woods continues to prove he is a better player than Jammer and I can't be convinced that our halves aren't improved as well. With the couple of spine improvements that seem to be coming we are looking good. I have to confess, I didn't think Storm were a chance at the start of the year. Just thought their champions were too old. Damn got that wrong, but next year they are down to 2 and that puts more pressure on Smith. they will still be there but won't win.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Great post, I agree with your concerns on JJ!
Kieran Foran or Woodsy as Captain IMO
Graham will be a lot better without the Captaincy next year, He was a terrible Captain with us IMO.
Barring injuries......................top 6.
I am feeling more on the positive side with our chances next year but definitely not negative, I never am with the Doggies.
How on earth can you be worried about Jackson as captain but then suggest Foran? CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP SUGGESTING FORAN BE OUR CAPTAIN!!!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How on earth can you be worried about Jackson as captain but then suggest Foran? CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP SUGGESTING FORAN BE OUR CAPTAIN!!!
You know your yelling at everyone who reads this right!!!! Hahahaha....

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm optimistic.

Think the club will be run much better - hopefully no ongoing fallout from the elections, our attack will be much better with Foran running the team, Think Woods and Klemmer will be great up front, our backs will get more opportunities and hoping Mbye will be really good at FB.

Not sure we will make the top 4 during the season, if other teams underperform then maybe yes, but after a slowish start I think we will improve and finish the semi final series as at least a last 4 team. Injuries need to favour us though.

Btw think the 2014 Graham is a massive loss, but not the 2017 version who called for the ball at every opportunity often in attack. We will have a dominant half now.

Would not be surprised if Woods and Josh Morris are co captains.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we, with the exception of a few, are in positive frame of mind - at least 4 dallym awards, inc coach and prop of the year, will come our way.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t wait for next season. Feels like a breath of fresh air has gone through the club with Pay at the helm. I’m excited to see Woods and Klem together week in week out. Excited to see Foran get back to his best. Keen to see Mbye have a crack at FB. See Montoya develop. It’s exciting times!

In terms of a prediction. I think we’ll make the 8. In terms of top 4 I still think Storm, Roosters, Cows will be the top 3. Then the next tier of Eels, Broncos, Sharks, Panthers battling for the last spot. Then I see us, Manly, Canberra battling it out for the bottom half of the 8. Though it’ll be a much more exciting season to watch and hopefully they play and open and attractive style of play, with the forwards hunting together as a pack in D.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
J moz captain for one year with Woods as co captain. Then promote Foran or Woods the captain in 2019 assuming Morris retires. To be honest I want Jackson CO Captain and Woods Captain in 2019.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm excited for next season.
Maybe its just all the changes giving me hope, but I genuinely feel that we have the nucleus of a very good footy team.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Cowboys
2. Rorters
3. Panthers
4. Storm
5. Dragqueens
6. Manly
7. Groncos
8. Sharks
9. Dogs
10. Rabbits
11. Eels
12. Knights
13. Raiders
14. Tigers
15. Titans
16. Warriors

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dogs are coming first fuck everyone else

1. Bulldogs
2. ****
3. Fuck
4. Hoe
5. Whore
6. Bitches
7. Cocksuckers
8. Hasler
9. dick heads
10. Bastards
11. Sons of bitches
12. Shit *****
13. Asshole
14. Wankers
15. Twats
16. Ginger dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Spot on. 100% Jackson should be captain. I'm actually getting quite concerned that they will give it to Klemmer given his standing for Australia and the clubs membership campaign ...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
J moz captain for one year with Woods as co captain. Then promote Foran or Woods the captain in 2019 assuming Morris retires. To be honest I want Jackson CO Captain and Woods Captain in 2019.
But why?????

Status
Not open for further replies.