Predicting final four and final eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With 9 rounds practically done, what are your predictions for the final top four, and the remaining four teams to make up the eight? Last year the top four were Chooks, Buns, Storm, and Sea Birdies, and many expected those four to stay on top this season. With the Bulldogs dominating the ladder atm, it seems at least one of those teams must drop out of the top four, but which? Last seasons 5th to 8th were Sharks, Dogs, Knights, & Cowpeople. With the Dogs looking much better and the Sharks & Knights looking deadset awful, this seasons bottom half of the top 8 is likely to be very different to last years.

My picks:

Top 4
Doggies (naturally, and likely minor prems)
Sea Birdies (prob 2nd)
Cluckheads & Buns taking 3rd and 4th, not willing to pick their order.

5th to 8th
Storm (will not make the top 4, but still a strong side)
Penrith
Cowpeople
Tigers (8th spot is really hard, sooner or later the Titans have to figure out how to play for more than just the first 3rd of the season, and Warriors are showing some good stuff. I picked Tigers because they have done well and have about half their first team on the injury list but due to come back in the next 4 weeks)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
1. Bulldogs
2. Roosters
3. Rabbitohs
4. Sea Eagles
5. Cowboys
6. Storm
7. Panthers
8. Warriors

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Bulldogs
2. Roosters
3. Rabbitohs
4. Sea Eagles
5. Cowboys
6. Storm
7. Warriors
8. Tigers

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
1. Bulldogs
2. Rabbitohs
3. Roosters
4. Manly
5. Storm
6. Penrith
7. Titans
8. Warriors/Broncos/Cowboys

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too early to predict IMO. But I will make this call, Storm to miss the 8. Before you all rip in, they are struggling, there 'big 3' are a year older. They struggled to beat Manly without Foran and Lyon, and DCE on one leg, also the game was in Melbourne, their 'fortress'. If they are struggling now, imagine how bad they'll go after origin. It's no coincidence Bellamy will retire in 2016, that's when slater and cronk will retire and Bellamy won't do shit without those 2 in his team.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Dogs (i believe we are in with a great chance if we stay solid through origin period, winning the next 3 games would assure us imo)
2. Manly
3. Roosters
4. Rabbits
5. Storm
6. Panthers (full strength they are certainties, could finish lower, but top 8 for sure)
7. Tigers (a couple of wins during origin they are a real chance, R13 they will be full strength with Halatau, Sironen etc)
8. Eels (very reliant on Hayne, but everyone puts in)
9. Warriors (my heart tells me yes but my head says no, how many times have they looked so promising and failed)
10. Cowboys (i don't like them lol, they rely on Thurston too much and origin will hurt them)

Status
Not open for further replies.