Predicted Dogs Team for R3

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
How on earth are we spending the full extent of our salary cap on these names? Surely not.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How on earth are we spending the full extent of our salary cap on these names? Surely not.
This is the last year of our salary cap mess. We're really multiple millions under the salary cap if players weren't on back ended deals and being paid X amount to play elsewhere. That's the only reason why we're hopeful for a change in 2021.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What i'd go with (what I think Pay will go with):

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Harper (Reimis)
4. Hopoate
5. Reimis (Crichton)
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Britt
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Averillo
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Smith

If Smith and/or Foran is still injured throw Sue (maybe even Ogden if he can play lock) and Lewis in there.

80 minutes of JMK is an issue, maybe there is a case of Katoa being on the bench (over Averillo).

Not a lot else we can do with the team imo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From FoxSports:

Predicted Bulldogs team: 1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 2. Nick Meaney 3. Reimis Smith 4. Will Hopoate 5. Christian Crichton 6. Kieran Foran 7. Jack Cogger 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh Jackson 12. Dean Britt 13. Adam Elliott 14. Ofahiki Ogden 15. Renouf To’omaga 16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 17. Jake Averillo

Team Tips: There are doubts over whether Kieran Foran will make the start line after picking up a hamstring problem last week.

He is expected to partner Jack Cogger in the halves if he is good to go. Cogger has been ever-present in training, displacing the newly re-signed Brandon Wakeham and Lachlan Lewis, who was hooked in Round 2 after a poor performance against the Cowboys.

If Foran isn’t fit, it is likely that Lewis will come into the starting side and play alongside Cogger. Kerrod Holland has overcome a knee injury, but will likely miss selection, while Chris Smith (knee) is not due back until June.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'll take it with a grain of salt as FoxSports get their late mail wrong all of the time but If Cogger jumps ahead of Wakeham, that would be bizarre.. Especially after they just re-signed him.. Although it wouldn't totally shock me with how much Pay chops and changes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From FoxSports:

Predicted Bulldogs team: 1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 2. Nick Meaney 3. Reimis Smith 4. Will Hopoate 5. Christian Crichton 6. Kieran Foran 7. Jack Cogger 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh Jackson 12. Dean Britt 13. Adam Elliott 14. Ofahiki Ogden 15. Renouf To’omaga 16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 17. Jake Averillo

Team Tips: There are doubts over whether Kieran Foran will make the start line after picking up a hamstring problem last week.

He is expected to partner Jack Cogger in the halves if he is good to go. Cogger has been ever-present in training, displacing the newly re-signed Brandon Wakeham and Lachlan Lewis, who was hooked in Round 2 after a poor performance against the Cowboys.

If Foran isn’t fit, it is likely that Lewis will come into the starting side and play alongside Cogger. Kerrod Holland has overcome a knee injury, but will likely miss selection, while Chris Smith (knee) is not due back until June.
Sad :(

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's just wait and see til tomorrow what the team is. But if that is close to the team then it's hard to see too many wins in the near future as that starting lineup is as one dimensional as it gets and will not pose many problems in attack.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think that Fox Sports article is accurate about Cogger. I'd be pretty surprised if this isn't the side named tomorrow.

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Reimis
4. Hopoate
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Britt
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Averillo
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Sue/Ogden/Katoa

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well we've baited Wakeham into re-signing making him think he's going to be our future. Cogger still off contract and we need to decide whether we're keeping him or not. That's the only reason that I can think of. I don't think it's true either so we'll have to wait and see.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we've baited Wakeham into re-signing making him think he's going to be our future. Cogger still off contract and we need to decide whether we're keeping him or not. That's the only reason that I can think of. I don't think it's true either so we'll have to wait and see.
They should have been trialing Cogger or Wakeham in the 9. We need a controlling Hooker like all the best teams have. They are both quick off the mark, has have good passing games, good kicking games and can read the game. Just need to learn to defend like a 9. Cogger already has the build! Ennis was a controlling Hooker and once he left so did our attack!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Lewis should bite bullet and go play lock....... his days are numbered if he doesn’t .... shame I like the kid

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They should have been trialing Cogger or Wakeham in the 9. We need a controlling Hooker like all the best teams have. They are both quick off the mark, has have good passing games, good kicking games and can read the game. Just need to learn to defend like a 9. Cogger already has the build! Ennis was a controlling Hooker and once he left so did our attack!
FMD.

Been saying this all pre-season.

JMK is junk. Wtf is the harm in trialing cogger there. He has a footy brain. He has ability. Ffs Pay persists with one dimensional jmk.

Worst case scenario... we STILL have shit hookers

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD.

Been saying this all pre-season.

JMK is junk. Wtf is the harm in trialing cogger there. He has a footy brain. He has ability. Ffs Pay persists with one dimensional jmk.

Worst case scenario... we STILL have shit hookers
Mate it is not rocket science!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Lewis should bite bullet and go play lock....... his days are numbered if he doesn’t .... shame I like the kid
You should bite the bullet and use 1 login like everyone else on the kennel!