Predict the dark horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It seems that every year theres a dark horse, be it a team or a player..
2014 the dark was the bulldogs getting into the Grand final
2015 Ennis was the dark horse, considered a washed up player ,but instead of folding ,just went from strength to strength
2016 I think the dark horse wouldve had to be the sharks with their huge winning streak and grand final win.
2017 had to be the aging storm team

What do you guys think?

I personally feel it's Josh Reynolds year

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Personally i think its the resurrection of the Knights.
A lot of people aren't tipping them to make the 8 because they don't see teams dropping out of last years top eight (with the exception of manly). However is see the Broncos and potentially Sharks being very vulnerable to dropping out and Newcastle snaring one of those spots.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally i think its the resurrection of the Knights.
A lot of people aren't tipping them to make the 8 because they don't see teams dropping out of last years top eight (with the exception of manly). However is see the Broncos and potentially Sharks being very vulnerable to dropping out and Newcastle snaring one of those spots.
I agree. One of last years is definitely dropping out because the dogs are taking their place.
I also think that nathan brown has done a really good job galvanising a team that has been at the bottom of the ladder for years. They never dropped their heads last year, and they never simply gave up. They put in 100% every game.
Given the quality and quantity of players the knights have signed, and based on the team spirit and resolve that brown has instilled in them, i expect them to give things a real shake. Ponga will be a revalation.
So yeah, the knights are my darkies too.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Dragons look great on paper this year. Definitely my premiership smokey.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've picked Tigers to make the top 8 , i liked what i seen in their trial against the cowboys last week..... That young Masters kid who plays in the centres for them looks like an awesome prospect

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very confident it will be us with Talau RFM and a few others becoming household names, then if Foran stays fit top 4 for certain.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Given we are $7 on sportsbet to win the wooden spoon and Newcastle are $11.

I want us to be the dark horse in the 2018 season.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have high hopes for improvement with our team, but if we are talking other teams I think the Knights will push for a lower top 8 spot and if the Dragons can get some choke protection they should be right up there.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Really??? We are paying that much for the spoon? Wow!! I guess we all just have faith then.
I know.
I think we will improve on the 10 wins from last season.
But looking at comments on other teams forum our team is considered to be very weak.
So hopefully the boys really do click from game 1.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It seems that every year theres a dark horse, be it a team or a player..
2014 the dark was the bulldogs getting into the Grand final
2015 Ennis was the dark horse, considered a washed up player ,but instead of folding ,just went from strength to strength
2016 I think the dark horse wouldve had to be the sharks with their huge winning streak and grand final win.
2017 had to be the aging storm team

What do you guys think?

I personally feel it's Josh Reynolds year
lol you truly do love Ennis don't you lol.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
‘Ennis was the dark horse’ oh ok

Get off his nuts already lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know.
I think we will improve on the 10 wins from last season.
But looking at comments on other teams forum our team is considered to be very weak.
So hopefully the boys really do click from game 1.
I can see why people would think that we are hardly better this year, but they dont know Desball like we do. if just a few things fall into place this year im confident we will give it a red hot crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.