News Potter wants permanent Bulldogs NRL role

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Got a feeling will be potter. If Ciraldo or Flano something would have happened by now. If we want Ciraldo better be quick, AOB probably has this week to save his career. Tits coach probably has till end of season.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus doesn't have to announce anything right now if something has been signed.
If Ciraldo has signed an agreement probably has been made not announce it until end of season so it doesn't interupt the Panfers season.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Guys, the head coach is Ciraldo. End of discussion.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a win win either way for Potter…

Stay on next year as an assistant to possibly (Ciraldo) at the Dogs or maybe someone like the Titans or Knights might take a punt on him as their head coach after what he’s been able to achieve in a short space of time at the Dogs

Potsy will be fine… that I believe

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes Ciraldo so great at this level?
Could be another Barett waiting to happen.
Potter is proven.
Hardly proven, all he's proven is for a short stay as a caretaker. How many caretaker coaches do well in the short period and flop? There's a lot. Now I'm not saying Potter will, however I'm on record saying if you have a chance you get the highest rated assistant out there. There's a reason every club is paying the kings ransom to entice Ciraldo.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardly proven, all he's proven is for a short stay as a caretaker. How many caretaker coaches do well in the short period and flop? There's a lot. Now I'm not saying Potter will, however I'm on record saying if you have a chance you get the highest rated assistant out there. There's a reason every club is paying the kings ransom to entice Ciraldo.
What has Ciraldo proven so far? He's never been head coach, he's never rebuilt a club from scratch. What's his record of a cellar dweller team into real contenders?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly right. Don't get why people don't see this

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bro what hahaha, ur statement makes no sense. saying potter is hardly proven, what exactly has ciraldo done to make him proven haha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
bro what hahaha, ur statement makes no sense. saying potter is hardly proven, what exactly has ciraldo done to make him proven haha
He doesn't need to say anything about Ciraldo.

The point is that everyone is pointing to our current form as proof we should keep Potter, whereas he's saying he's relatively unproven which is entirely true.

When has a caretaker in any sport ultimately lead to prolonged success at the club? Short-term they often look like the answer, but long-term it's very very rarely a success.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you watch his press conference today, he wants the job! I feel as though Ciraldo is far from a done deal, that's my take.
yeah saw that, him coming out and saying he wants a head coach role scares me now as other clubs will wanna swoop in and grab him i reallllly would like him to stay even as an assistant

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah saw that, him coming out and saying he wants a head coach role scares me now as other clubs will wanna swoop in and grab him i reallllly would like him to stay even as an assistant
He wants to stay at the dogs in any capacity, he made that clear

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
still scary
And if he's made a firm offer by another club that he can't refuse.

He knows if he doesnt get a job at Bulldogs, he will probably be forgotten pretty quickly and the media will bring up doubts etc re Tigers.

He's in a good bargaining place atm as far as other clubs offers go.

He does sound as tho he can work with an incoming coach if he doesn't get Head Coach.

Hope he stays on in some capacity. The guy embodies Bulldog culture.