News Potter wants permanent Bulldogs NRL role

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interim Canterbury coach Mick Potter says he wants to make his stay at the club a permanent one, even if he loses out to Cameron Ciraldo in the battle to get the top job.

Potter has been in charge of the Dogs on a temporary basis for the best part of two months and declared for the first time on Thursday he would be open to taking it on a full-time basis.

The Bulldogs have picked up just four wins this season - two of them coming under axed coach Trent Barrett - but Potter has Canterbury playing with freedom in attack.

Potter's public declaration comes the day after Ciraldo, who is currently an assistant coach at Penrith, was pictured meeting with Canterbury sponsors.

"It's a really tough one and I think I could take it on," Potter said of the head coaching vacancy.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did well in Uk. Was given a dysfunctional tigers team and was sacked. He is a solid coach and the way we have improved under him speaks volumes (we were the worst nrl team over the first 10 games ever in terms of points scored and 6-7 weeks later we are 13th in points scored this year) huge turn if you ask me.

I’d have been happy to give him a shot next year with an offseason. But then again if you don’t go all in with a coach you stuff things up.

He is a lot like dymock. Came in after a struggling coach. Had some late season success and looks like both lost their post the next season.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interim Canterbury coach Mick Potter says he wants to make his stay at the club a permanent one, even if he loses out to Cameron Ciraldo in the battle to get the top job.

Potter has been in charge of the Dogs on a temporary basis for the best part of two months and declared for the first time on Thursday he would be open to taking it on a full-time basis.

The Bulldogs have picked up just four wins this season - two of them coming under axed coach Trent Barrett - but Potter has Canterbury playing with freedom in attack.

Potter's public declaration comes the day after Ciraldo, who is currently an assistant coach at Penrith, was pictured meeting with Canterbury sponsors.

"It's a really tough one and I think I could take it on," Potter said of the head coaching vacancy.
Clearly he can get the players to perform, i hope he isn't lost to the club

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Attacking coach no brainer

Head coach for 23 1 year deal over the likes of Michael Maguire and Holbrook no brainer to.

It’s almost as if I have PTSD from antiscipating major changes from the likes of Barret first time in a long time I’ve not felt any disappointment or indefinite uncertainty regarding the dogs. Two losses on the trot and I’m still twice as happy as I was after the roosters win.

Defensive issues are over exaggerated. Teams been flipped on it’s head and rearranged top to bottom. Inevitably we concede more due to our more potent attacking outfit and shuffling of the team, however Potter came in as a interim he’s had no off-season or time to adjust defensive structures. Even then you’d have to be blind to not see the change in attitude and notable improvement in our players accross the board.

Best play is Potter 23, for me personally Potters developed relationships with the players and in return they listen to him. It’s like winning a 100 000 grand then chucking it all on a game of black jack. Issue over the years is players playing for a pay cheque and doing the bare minimum. Potter has Averillo who I was convinced was a nothing more then reserve grader playing out of his skin. Players respect Potters it’s evident. End of the day we’re stable, something we haven’t had in a long time.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much $$ an assistant coach typically gets paid? Clubs seem to have 2 or 3 or 4 assistant coaches, all full-time roles I think? How much does such a role pay, $100k, $150k, $200k pa? Just casually interested.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much $$ an assistant coach typically gets paid? Clubs seem to have 2 or 3 or 4 assistant coaches, all full-time roles I think? How much does such a role pay, $100k, $150k, $200k pa? Just casually interested.
Ciraldo is on just over $400k a season to be an assistant at the Panthers as we speak.