News Potter tipped to remain at the helm following Bulldogs resurgence

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus' main target is Payten. 100%.

If it were anyone else we wouldn't be extending Potter for a year and waiting 12 months. We wouldn't need to wait. If Potter was the long term plan we'd be signing him for 2 years or more. He'll likely become an assistant when Payten gets our gig. We might even get Payten early if we announce he's signed for 2024

Ricky Stuart - has ruled himself out.
Woolfe, Flanagan, Ciraldo, Fittler, Madge - if we wanted one of these we'd be signing them for 2023 now, not waiting 12 months. Why would we ? Doesn't make sense. Has to be someone else - someone who'se contracted for 2023 but available for 2024 (Payten)

Last edited:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus' main target is Payten. 100%.

If it were anyone else we wouldn't be extending Potter for a year and waiting 12 months. We wouldn't need to wait. If Potter was the long term plan we'd be signing him for 2 years or more. He'll likely become an assistant when Payten gets our gig. We might even get Payten early if we announce he's signed for 2024

Ricky Stuart - has ruled himself out.
Woolfe, Flanagan, Ciraldo, Fittler - if we wanted one of these we'd be signing them for 2023 now, not waiting
- woolf will go to the fins under wayne and take over in a few years like demetriou has done at souths
- ciraldo stays and takes the panthers job when ivan’s health battles stop him from coaching next season
- flannagan will probably get the tigers gig now
- fittler takes tupou and brandy… at the same time

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep telling you...

2023 Potter
2024 Bellamy

;)

2023 is looking right, now the 2024 part lol
I wish this were true but didn't Bellyache already sign like a 5 year contract to stay at the Storm in some capacity on like 2M a year ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would Kyle have any affect on us announcing the signing of his father ? I doubt the club want Kyle to piss off at the moment when he's our first string 7. If the club wanted him gone though I'm sure they could stipulate that to his Dad even though he's the new coach. Flano Senior is desperate. He'd do whatever our club asked him to.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus won't want father and son here at the same time.

The media circus would be unrelenting on father and son if we don't re-sign Kyle and it would derail our progress in 2023 with Buzz and Kent etc bagging the club for forcing a father to choose between his job and his son..plus any other crap Fox/DT would throw at all parties.

Just more hassles Gus doesn't want for the team, and club I suspect.

If it is Flanno Snr then Kyle needs to be moved on or Gus will not recommend it to the Board. Maybe thats the delay.

Flanno had the Kumuls fired up but Potter is a great option.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish this were true but didn't Bellyache already sign like a 5 year contract to stay at the Storm in some capacity on like 2M a year ?
No he's only agreed to a 1 year deal/extension, which is why Munster wants to stay for 2023.