Opinion Potter should be our coach!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes turned me from "We have to get Flanagan 100%", to "i hope we dont get anyone until we get a chance to see more of Potter" in his time in the job. Didnt expect the sharp improvement.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is how I see it. If we get someone outside of our current coach, the WHOLE process starts again. If you were given a crystal Ball and someone says our new coach will be Mick Potter and this is how we are going to play. We will jag a few positions around and everyone will be happy!!..... Would you be willing to start over again with a new coach or would you be happy with what you see in the crystal Ball???

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is how I see it. If we get someone outside of our current coach, the WHOLE process starts again. If you were given a crystal Ball and someone says our new coach will be Mick Potter and this is how we are going to play. We will jag a few positions around and everyone will be happy!!..... Would you be willing to start over again with a new coach or would you be happy with what you see in the crystal Ball???
Also add in who are the other options out there?

How much better are we going to do than Potter? Everyone available is a risk.

Give potter a few more weeks then judge imo.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also add in who are the other options out there?

How much better are we going to do than Potter? Everyone available is a risk.

Give potter a few more weeks then judge imo.
I'm playing it out and keep coming back with the same answers up till now. The sharks game will be telling.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm playing it out and keep coming back with the same answers up till now. The sharks game will be telling.
I genuinely think we can do them and do them good. It would be awesome to have Ava and Thompson (as long as he starts from the bench) back, so we can have better forwards off the bench

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kinda got fucked over but hope heaven on the way

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Potter has turned the team around. We are actually look good . The players are en themselves and we the fans are enjoying watching them the way they are playing.
Potter has shown in just a few weeks how much of shit dud Barrett was.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck, I think i've taken the Potter pill. I may regret this one day, but i'm in. Give him the keys.

He's got a calming influence and an old-head wisdom that seems to work with young players. Watching his interviews, you could be mistaken for thinking he's just laid-back. But I feel this is a very deliberate act. He seems big on simplifying things and alleviating pressure from the players.

Also, at this point in his career, he's clearly wise to the media's tricks and can see right through journos. He plays them perfectly when they're trying to play him.

Last edited:

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's still the rest of the season left, let's see what Potter can do. Hopefully the club has an open mind and are still considering Potter as an option.

The most positive thing about Potter's tenure so far is it doesn't seem to just be 'new manager bounce'. It's not like he came in, we won a couple of games and then we went back to shit. We've actually improved over the 5 matches he's been in charge. If he keeps it up for the rest of the year he surely has to get the job.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Before tonight’s game we had scored more points from 4 games under Potter than the previous total from 10 games under Barrett

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said after our first or 2nd game under Potter that he should be our first choice coach as he understands the Club and its history. Has bled and won GF's for us and has also been a very successful coach in the ESL.

I know he didn't go to well at West Tigers but there was a lot more going on within the club that made it a toxic environment there at the time and I doubt any coach would've lasted or had success as there were a few high profile players only thinking about themselves and not the club.

Mick has matured and learnt a lot in the time he has had away from the game. All I'll say is if we don't make a call soon on keeping him on full time then another club will step in a make him a decent offer as we aren't the only club looking for a full time coach.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Fuck, I think i've taken the Potter pill. I may regret this one day, but i'm in. Give him the keys.

He's got a calming influence and an old-head wisdom that seems to work with young players. Watching his interviews, you could be mistaken for thinking he's just laid-back. But I feel this is a very deliberate act. He seems big on simplifying things and alleviating pressure from the players.

Also, at this point in his career, he's clearly wise to the media's tricks and can see right through journos. He plays them perfectly when they're trying to play him.
Agreed. I think that he has simply demolished all of the heavy structures and disciplines put down by BAZ. He is encouraging the players to "relax" a little and play their natural games and to enjoy it. The attack side of things is building gradually (first half today wasn't pretty) but when they get control of the game they put the foot on the throat.

Let's not forget that we had 60% possession today and the stature of the opposition was not that of a top 8 team. I know what we did against Parra, but I don't think that they thought that we could/would play like that. I think our next game against the Sharks will be a telling one......a win would be great, but I just want to see us in the game up tou our necks.....that will be a good result. A bad loss could see the boys drop back in their style and determination.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agreed. I think that he has simply demolished all of the heavy structures and disciplines put down by BAZ. He is encouraging the players to "relax" a little and play their natural games and to enjoy it. The attack side of things is building gradually (first half today wasn't pretty) but when they get control of the game they put the foot on the throat.

Let's not forget that we had 60% possession today and the stature of the opposition was not that of a top 8 team. I know what we did against Parra, but I don't think that they thought that we could/would play like that. I think our next game against the Sharks will be a telling one......a win would be great, but I just want to see us in the game up tou our necks.....that will be a good result. A bad loss could see the boys drop back in their style and determination.
We were in the grind in the first half and then dominated the 2nd half
Perfect performance really
Shame we let the last try in but super performance

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For those who bagged our defence that has been sensational also the last 2 weeks. So has potter tweeked that ?
Defence is attitude and there certainly has been a marked improvement in that area, Vaughn running down the try late when the game was over is testament to that, haven't seen that kind of commitment from a bulldog's side in year's.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't expect us to beat the Sharks; but if we can give them a run for their money, I reckon we're on track for more successes this year.
I notice Potter is not ruling out the coaching job in his pressers since the wins.