Potter post match presser

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ABC led their 7pm news summary on Thursday night saying that Jackson was unhappy and thought the Club did the wrong thing with Barrett, quoting his earlier interview. I thought that was odd at the time and more media crap but it might be true judging by Jacko's sullen body language.
JJ is the captain and should be holding his teammates accountable as much as the coach. Yet we don’t see him talk to any of the players, he might query a ref, that’s it. He should be focussed on getting this club back to its glory days by playing hard and hammering home his expectations on the field like Jimmy Graham once did instead of sulking about TB.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
JJ is the captain and should be holding his teammates accountable as much as the coach. Yet we don’t see him talk to any of the players, he might query a ref, that’s it. He should be focussed on getting this club back to its glory days by playing hard and hammering home his expectations on the field like Jimmy Graham once did instead of sulking about TB.
He is a token shell of the player he was and looks like he has given everything he's got and there's nothing left.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing Potter has said a few times is "Adding value to young players lives" . Im sure he means by being honest with their performances he can get them to aim up. half the team will be or soon to be off-contract. It's win-win for everyone. If they play out of their skins for the rest of the year they may get rewarded with another contract or even an offer from another club.

He's not here to cuddle the boys and tell them there's always next week.

I notice pre-game he does have a scary presence about him. I think only Thommo came up to him for a quick chat. All the other coaches just kept their distance,

image0.png
image1.png

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing Potter has said a few times is "Adding value to young players lives" . Im sure he means by being honest with their performances he can get them to aim up. half the team will be or soon to be off-contract. It's win-win for everyone. If they play out of their skins for the rest of the year they may get rewarded with another contract or even an offer from another club.

I notice pre-game he does have a scary presence about him. I think only Thommo came up to him for a quick chat. All the other coaches just kept their distance,

View attachment 51009
View attachment 51010
You can guarantee the assistants coacgs arw scared shitlwss. They know they are next out the door

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad to say again but jacko can join dufty and Thompson along with Flanagan jr, averilo, stimshit (worst **** in our jersey in 10 years), Okonbor to England please. Sure I forgot someZ
Yes it’s time.. old dog. Great bloke Jacko, great servant..well respected for what he has done for a long time… But game passed him!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

View attachment 51009
View attachment 51010
First game he was really only there to observe ...but yeah they all know they just heavily contributed to their good bloke coach being sacked and helped to mentally scar him for life and probably ruined his fg coaching career.

BTW is that Oki on his phone.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Potter seems quirky/ awkward/ stand offish almost the opposite of Barrett who was very personable - maybe Potters manner being less "cuddly" will hasten the needed changes to personnel attitude and performance. At least threaten the comfort zone of many i hope

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Certainly had some effect whatever he said at half-time but seriously htf could we have been so bad in the first half...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is the tigers completed 37 out of 39 sets last night. That’s as good as completion rate they have had in 10 years I reckon.

Their only non completion in the first half came from Naden. Can’t remember the one in the second half

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
So if defence is a big issue with the team, why is Furner still employed?

Malla

Reaction score
Not once does Jackson dispute decisions from refs. Not once. Pretty piss poor leadership. I've never seen him argue with the refs. Ennis and Graham always argued with them. Jackson just cops it FMD.
He also wasted our captains challenge.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 51009
View attachment 51010
This bloke came through the Warren Ryan system, hard as f###, he may even have caught a season under Gould if I’m not mistaken.. he’ll do a good interim job.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke came through the Warren Ryan system, hard as f###, he may even have caught a season under Gould if I’m not mistaken.. he’ll do a good interim job.
At least the ones that are gonna have a sook get it out of there system now before the next off season under a new coach - and hopefully a brutal head of performance

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At least the ones that are gonna have a sook get it out of there system now before the next off season under a new coach - and hopefully a brutal head of performance
Good point, at least there won’t be any surprises for next year, they should be going into the season knowing they will get flogged fitness-wise and the coach, whoever that may be, will set clear expectations and hammer down on effort plays.

these guys have been “cuddled” for 18months and all likely received the clubs best and fairest award last season to avoid upsetting the apple cart - Just remember, your all trying hard boys, have the week off you poor things… remember to bring your lunches and water bottles to training on Monday and make sure you play nicely with your Dragons friends next Sunday.

Last edited:

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First game he was really only there to observe ...but yeah they all know they just heavily contributed to their good bloke coach being sacked and helped to mentally scar him for life and probably ruined his fg coaching career.

oki trying to work out if there toes or fingers ...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah knockonbor was on his phone googling “ How to catch a rugby league football “