• Potter

Votes: 111 61.3%
  • Ciraldo

Votes: 70 38.7%

• Total voters

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But you can argue or defence and our 2nd halves are broken...
Our defence was lots better last Sunday but it was just the knights (tries from forward passes) we still conceded line breaks and tackle breaks on that right edge especially, so still lots of work to do otherwise Cows will tear us a new one

In terms of second halves , especially when leading sometimes it looks like we start playing NOT TO lose footy rather than just keeping the foot on the throat.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We may see a different Potts if he gets the full-time gig. The benefit he has now is that he can let the players develop their own style; a new coach just needs to come in and support it. I'm not belittling what Potts has done with the team, but it's been more about support and motivation. They were overcoached by Barrett. Will Potts fall into the trap of being too controlling, or will he let the team continue to develop with the new additions of Mahoney and Kiks... or will he go the other way? Building a team, taking them through preseason, and then getting them to deliver in the season is different from a caretaker coach role, just like it's different from an assistant's role. I think risks both ways, Potts and Ciraldo. Caretaker role is very similar to an assistant.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purely out of curiosity if we couldn’t have both (potter assistant Ciraldo head) and we judged each individually who would you use for head coach.

Personally I wouldn’t mind Potter and this stage and there’s to many questions regarding Ciraldo. What Potter has done without an off-season chucked in the deep end is nothing short of phenomenal. The team chemistry Potters achieved and the improvement individually accross board has been something we’ve lacked for a very long time. Ciraldo for me is gambling, maybe he is a good coach but can he lead the dressing room and have players listening to him how there listening to potter? Will he enforce heavily structured footy? The reason we’ve succeeded is the simplicity and allowing our players to express them selves not following a very structured game plan is what’s made us thrive. What does everyone think?
Giraldo as head coach, Potter as assistant =win win!!

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least with Potts we know what we get.

I want CC IF he can fix our defence and our second halves.

But I still say...

2023 Potts
2024 Bellamy :p
Potter has done a sensational job. No preseason, thrown in the deep end with the team in shite form and stuck with assistant coaches that he didn't pick. Since he's taken over we either lost close games due to some bad play in the second half when the game was ours to win and the games we won under him have been far more entertaining to watch than all of Baz's wins at the Dogs.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have the same misgivings about Ciraldo as I did Barrett. It's a gamble when we just don't know what he'll offer. He was a caretaker for Penrith for a bit, but I'm not sure how that went.

Potter has had great short term success with us. He had a decent record before Marshall and Farrah reportedly undermined him at West's. From memory he was doing well in England before trying his hand with the Tigpies. And at the Tigpies he was doing ok until they fell victim to an injury crisis.

At this stage I would be happy with Potter staying on for another year. Ciraldo might be great and he could crumble with the pressure of being in charge.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Neither.

Potter has done ok. He was happy to coach mounties. That's where he falls over.

Don't know anything about Ciraldo and don't rate panthers coaching. A monkey could coach that side and still finish first.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Neither.

Potter has done ok. He was happy to coach mounties. That's where he falls over.

Don't know anything about Ciraldo and don't rate panthers coaching. A monkey could coach that side and still finish first.
Probably didn't want to coach again after spending time at the Tigers and being backstabbed by Farah haha.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a case of Known (albeit based on a small recent sample size) vs Unknown (could be another Baz). Potter has my vote!

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look what Potter has done without an offseason and without his choice of signings? Look at all the junior boys he is playing, that barrett ignored and instead played Knock-On-Boar and Flufty??

Imagine giving the bloke a full off season?

Hiring an assistant coach from a "top club" rarely works because when these coaches go to a "lower club" they dont have the same crutches and advantages available to them.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Potter should handle the attack, screw the structured garbage.

Ciraldo can bring the defensive mindset/systems & fitness levels required to be a real contender.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Potter for sure. transformed this team from boring to exciting to watch. Has to be there next year coach or assistant

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Too hard a question to answer.

Will Ciraldo be a Fitzgibbon or a Barrett?

Never know until he gets a chance.

Not sure if Potter even wants the FG gig.

He has only said he wants a role with the Bulldogs not the head coaching gig.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too hard a question to answer.

Will Ciraldo be a Fitzgibbon or a Barrett?

Never know until he gets a chance.

Not sure if Potter even wants the FG gig.

He has only said he wants a role with the Bulldogs not the head coaching gig.
There is no way in hell he will end up like Fitzgibbon, Payten or Bellamy. He will be a dud because, according to TK, he coached at Penrith like Baz did. :tearsofjoy: