News Potter Mid week presser

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magic dust? Outstanding journalism!

Anyone worked out where we’d sit on the ladder if we counted only from when mick started? Would we be top 8?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I see Potter interviewed the more I think he is our coach.
Calm,collective and calculated.
The bulldogs way is to play like
Entertainers .
I’m hoping the more weeks we hear nothing about ciraldo the more likely we stick with the chemistry we have started to build.
Let’s put on a show v cowgirls

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The longer gus doesn’t announce ciraldo it’s making him silly not appointing potter

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will be an assistant coach UNLESS another club offers him a head coach role.

PS if he ends up with our top job only worries I have with him is:-

1. Defence
2. 2nd halves
3. Would he still perform if there is pressure of being our coach on him.

I love the bloke but let's be honest, he loves the job because there is no pressure on him now as the interim coach.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will be an assistant coach UNLESS another club offers him a head coach role.

1. Defence
2. 2nd halves

I love the bloke but let's be honest, he loves the job because there is no pressure on him now as the interim coach.
Defence and 2nd halves will come with fitness which will be achieved from a hard offseason which we haven’t had in a long time clearly. He came into the worst attacking side in the comp and flipped it around though pressure was minimal he knows how to coach. We have Cowboys, eels and sharks all solid sides if we manage to win 2/3 head coach for sure.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1. Defence
2. 2nd halves

100%
You are handed the keys to a Kia. You don’t expect 1/4 mile times of 8 seconds.

But if you are running 14s with a rep calibre team (porsche) then questions will be asked.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The cowboys and sharks are ourreal test. If we have bad defeats against them then you can say we are far off the pace. If we put up a fight then fair enough he is getting the most out of the players.

I know under barrett we’d lose against the tigers, titans and knights calibre or teams. If after 15 games potter gets us a game or 2 from the finals then fair play to him, he deserves a crack with a preseason under his belt. If we end up going 6 wins 9 losses then I think we need to keep up the search for a head coach.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defence and 2nd halves will come with fitness which will be achieved from a hard offseason which we haven’t had in a long time clearly. He came into the worst attacking side in the comp and flipped it around though pressure was minimal he knows how to coach. We have Cowboys, eels and sharks all solid sides if we manage to win 2/3 head coach for sure.
Brink back Billy Johnstone!!!!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

1. Defence
2. 2nd halves

Defence is a big one, and I'd add to your list our continuing inability to score tries from within 20m of the line. Apparently we still rank 16th for this, which has to change if we are any chance of finals footy.

Fact is Potsy has done the best that can be done to get a quick change in results, simplify, focus the game plan on strengths and eyes up footy. Make sure the boys are having fun. These things have achieved the main thing that was needed at this stage, a turn around in confidence. Our systems as they stand however are not sophisticated enough to break other teams down in either attack or defence, instead we are relying on the mental factor of scoring tries from anywhere with unpredictable play and a bit of luck. It sure is fun to watch, I don't mind it at all, but we are unlikely to get deep into the finals without some solid systems that work well for us.