News Potter issues challenge to Dogs

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4th tackle JMK spends too long in the tackle and that fkn bell gets rung and the enthusiasm from the rest of the team just drops
JMK thinks he can get away with things like Cameron Smith did when he sticks his arm under the attacking opposition players ball carrying arm.

Hey JMK, you're not Cam Smith - SO STOP DOING IT........... YOUR PENALTIES ARE KILLING US!!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
TBH, I think it is a bit simplistic. Melbourne Storm push the envelope in every tackle, just don't get penalised as much. 6 agains are a joke depending on the ref. Maybe this shapes the narrative publicly better to perhaps get a fairer go from officials
Because they're better at it. Storm get numbers into the tackle, manipulate the attacker and get tangled up. Meanwhile we have Jackson and JMK with some of the most obvious leg pulls and hands on balls you will see after the tackle is complete and we've lost the contest

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have the worst 1,6,7,9 and 13 combination in the comp.
If we complete at 100 percent it won’t make a difference.
If potter came out and said .
Our spine has been under performing so well change a few things up this week.
Expecting
1)Dufty
6)Burton
7)Flan
9)Marshall
13) Jackson

That line up doesn’t inspire me at all. 2 wins from 12 is a lock in,then 2/13 after we play Penrith

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great interview. The best line is that they need to be aware of the tackle count. The 2 biggest offenders there are Jacko and JMK. The amount of 6 agains they give late in the tackle count are criminal.

And whilst he put the majority of blame on the players he still managed a slight dig at the officials over home team decisions
JMK is on anpther level with the timing of his penalties penalties this year, the GOAT. Wadell isnt very far behind.
1653346103210.png

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because they're better at it. Storm get numbers into the tackle, manipulate the attacker and get tangled up. Meanwhile we have Jackson and JMK with some of the most obvious leg pulls and hands on balls you will see after the tackle is complete and we've lost the contest
You are right but it still ain't fair. I need an excuse to get me through the season bro

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Baz doesn't challenge the players publicly once in one and a half seasons. Potter does it in his first full week on the job. Accountability is everything in sport... Without it, you can't improve. I'm glad Potter is there to tell the players the cold, hard truth after Baz had coddled them and made excuses for them the whole time.
Yep, whether the refs are rorting us or not, I don't know and don't care and neither can we change that. But what we can change is not giving the refs an excuse to ping us for 80 mins and let our footy do the talking. Been following the dogs for a long time and I'm sure you have too, never have I been impressed with the refs in the past and we managed to dominate in the past by taking the ref and the crowd out of the game by playing good damn footy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep, whether the refs are rorting us or not, I don't know and don't care and neither can we change that. But what we can change is not giving the refs an excuse to ping us for 80 mins and let our footy do the talking. Been following the dogs for a long time and I'm sure you have too, never have I been impressed with the refs in the past and we managed to dominate in the past by taking the ref and the crowd out of the game by playing good damn footy.
Yeah a lot of that comes back to a lack of leadership from the coach, captain and senior players. I think Jackson deserves a lot of blame for not being a better and more vocal on field leader throughout the years to help prevent collapses and ill discipline. Or to have the squad mentally stronger.

For 30 years we were always a team that would rarely beat ourselves. When you played us, you knew it'd be a tough, physical game. We'd compete til the last minute and be fitter than most teams, often getting better as the game went on.

For six years we've been the opposite of that in every way. A huge part of the reason was losing great leaders like Graham, Ennis etc who were like extra coaches that the players respected and feared. We need more leaders like that. I think Mahoney can help fill that void..

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m pretty keen to see what a potter picked team looks like. Really hoping he picks a team and rotates his interchange in a way that helps address this issue. It’s clear the team is tired out there due to lack of fitness, and that’s what’s causing poor discipline.
I also think with Dufty going to ESL next year we'd be better suited to giving some others a crack at FB. Whether that be someone from the current 17 or blooding someone from cup, it’s a better option than dufty putting in no effort because we let him go.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus the refs have a preconceived idea that the storm will win most games whilst they have a preconceived idea that we are inferior to other teams and will attempt to slow down the play the ball.

Baz used to whinge about it but instead of doing that we just need to work harder. The refs ain’t changing so we need to

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're the dumbest team in the comp, I don't think our guys are capable of keeping count of what tackle in the set it is.
Thank NAPA for that, the guys stupidity infected all our players.

Dumbest player to wear our jersey I swear.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy shit, someone is telling us that they are trying make the side better disciplined! Not just the same old "until we learn to hold the ball", "yardage errors, you just can't do that" bullshit we've heard for almost 2 years now.

Would've really liked to know what Trent was doing to try and stop all the drop ball and penalties, whatever it was it did fuck all.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lack of discipline is not confined to on the field - if the figures referred to in the media are true - Stimson 400k Allan 500k Hetherington 500k Flanagan 450k - signing them is bad enough but paying them so much is even worse. No patience no discipline do the work that good recruitment requires