Potential Line up changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First of all I want to say that dogs of war mentality that the players depicted and how we fought for the full 80 was superb and impeccable. Specific players such as the inclusion of JMK and usuals Foran, Mbye, Woods, RFM, Jmoz were great and will contribute heavily to where we come this year.

A notable point I want to make is that our defence is showing improvement in key areas however it is not acceptable, our right side in particularly. Hopoate and Montoya need to be replaced primarily due to there abysmal defensive efforts and useless errors. Holland is an inclusion that I would consider for one game as he will fix our GK problems temporarily inadvertently getting us more points, he will also improve the right sides defence. I would accompany him with Olive at centre.

Montoya and Holland together wouldn't work.

Hopoate rock and diamonds. Can make 3232233 metres in whilst having solid defence and on the other hand let in 3 tries a game and make pathetic errors.

Backline of

1. Mbye
2. B moz
3. J moz
4. Olive
5. Holland

Doesn't looking good but will work better than our current set up.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay won't change a winning team.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa hasnt done a thing wrong, and gers through alot of work, I wouldnt drop him

Today he made 161m off 21 runs - huge effort

Montoya id give another month of football with clear instructions on runs/metres per game and helping carting it back at start of sets

Last edited:

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Imagine the furore a month ago if people were calling for Holland instead of Montoya.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hoppa hasnt done a thing wrong, and gers through alot of work, I wouldnt drop him

Today he made 161m off 21 runs - huge effort

Montoya id give another month of football with clear instructions on runs/metres per game and helping carting it back at start of sets
He has done plenty wrong. I have lost count of the amount of times he has left Jackson or Foran stranded due to poor positioning.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah they went alright, in the thick of it, our first half was better, if we can put two halves together we can clean them up.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do people realise the last time Hoppa played in the centres (before 2018) was Sep 6th 2015??

So his positional defence is bound to be bad as he's not used to defending in the centres.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last night was an important win - not just for the points; but to give the team a taste of winning, and a reason not to give up. If we follow up with a second win, the confidence will see a bit more energy and sharpness in attack and defence.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as much as it hurts we have to have either holland on a wing or martyn in the team for goal kicking holland aint super man but i can see us getting robbed due to goal kicking or have martyn in the side for his goal kicking
penrith have the pick of the goal kickers clearly and molony in the side and can kick at 80-90%

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Never change a winning team as the old adage goes

That said Ogden for Elliott

What time ISM today?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Never change a winning team as the old adage goes

That said Ogden for Elliott

What time ISM today?
I thought Elliott played well tbh. Came on when we were under the pump and were stuck defending most his stint. Played with aggression and made some strong tackles. Didn't help that Pay had him and Tolman on together through the middle, our go forward was shot with those two on together.

I'm kind of interested to see how Elliott would go on the right edge tbh. He has showed us he can run a great line so him and Foran might work well together. He also looks more mobile than Jackson these days so it might help out our defence.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Elliott played well tbh. Came on when we were under the pump and were stuck defending most his stint. Played with aggression and made some strong tackles. Didn't help that Pay had him and Tolman on together through the middle, our go forward was shot with those two on together.

I'm kind of interested to see how Elliott would go on the right edge tbh. He has showed us he can run a great line so him and Foran might work well together. He also looks more mobile than Jackson these days so it might help out our defence.
elliot ran ahrder then he has in ages, short stints might be good for his mind set

hoppa seems to be struggling defensively at centre but he is a pretty smart footy player, he'll get there.

he (along with montoya and the moz bros) did make some big runs late to get us of trouble tho

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A way better attitude is all I want in 2018 so last night was great. I fully expect Pay to tinker with his 17 throughout this year as our existing roster isn't going to win the chocolates and that is the name of the game. As an example, JMK's efforts last night means Frawley isn't coming back to 1st grade any time soon. We still lack that tackle busting, line running, offloading forward that we were renown for. Our pack is more bash barge toilers so I still expect Pay to release personnel like Tolman (and others) to get those edge threats in place in future years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
elliot ran ahrder then he has in ages, short stints might be good for his mind set

hoppa seems to be struggling defensively at centre but he is a pretty smart footy player, he'll get there.

he (along with montoya and the moz bros) did make some big runs late to get us of trouble tho
Our right edge is completely fucked in defence, our left has somewhat adjusted to the new systems and looked pretty safe last night. RFM who was known to be lazy in defence has been great this seaaon and has improved his defensive workload each week.

Jackson, Foran, Hoppa and Montoya defending together needs to change, it just isn't going to work. Jackson's lateral movement has suffered since bulking up and Foran and Hoppa are just a disaster next to each other as their acceleration and lateral movement is poor for players in their position.

Our middle still isn't getting the job done well enough though, we have the extra numbers but we aren't slowing the ruck. Teams build momentum and then shift wide and our edge is immediately caught out and attackers have so much space and just skip around our slow defenders.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good posts by all. Yep that right side of defense is a massive problem. Its leaking a lot of points and our fitness is off the mark which probably can be expected from only playing one half of a trial.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think Pay should make any changes to the winning team his week. I like the way he is willing to drop players but not after our first win - would be bad timing and unsettling for the squad.

We need a goal kicker though - Mbye is kick and hope and it will lose us games. Not sure what the answer is but I'd love Jacko at lock, so maybe Rhyse Martin on the right and goal kicking. I don't know how good a defender Martin is really but I'll be interested to see him today. I'd also like to see Tolman and Elliott dropped because there are surely better bench options who would have some impact.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMoz to right centre. Olive to left centre. Hoppa & Montoya can fight it out for the right wing.

Holland’s & Martins goal kicking is not good enough to justify either being picked just for that.

That being said MBye’s kicking I fear will cost us games. We need to really focus on recruiting someone for next season. That is a player picked in the side first & for most. That is also a goal kicker!

Status
Not open for further replies.