Potential early releases

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Out of that bunch only DWZ and Stimson are contracted beyond ‘21 so reasonable chance at least some of the other guys will leave end of next year. We’ve only got 9 spots locked for 2022 right now. I’d like to see what Baz can get out of Stimson, I didn’t mind what I saw of him in Melbourne, obviously he didn’t show much this year, didn’t look fully fit and injured early so I’m happy to not pass judgement on him just yet.
Both ex Greg’s boys and both from Temora... Baz will stir him up a bit.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Tbaz coming on board, surely he is thinking of potentially releasing a few players on Contract, obviously it’s not easy we would have to pay a bit of the freight.... who would you want released that is on contract?
The players that I would gladly see go
Free agents
Foran
Tolman
Cogger
Holland
Montoya
Lafai *
Sue *
Contracted

R. Smith *
Crichton
DWZ
Napa
Britt
Lewis
Katoa
* Players I would keep as reserve graders from the list

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate agreed, no one should think that their safe based on the performance of the last few years, its time to clean house
Bulldogs fan here: good point as many are ending in 2021. Pay some freight it’s only going to be for one year.

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thats a bit harsh ? Averillo, RFM are good!
Averillo is great in attack but he has alot of work to do in defense but hopefully he is the real deal as we need a gun player, with RFM still needs some work as well but will be ok to keep, the others can go get a kebab from another club

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a bit harsh ? Averillo, RFM are good!
Agreed massive fan of Averillo, he reminds me of a young Barber just like him Averillo needs alot of work on his defense, me thinks FB might help him with this but something to look forward to ... RFM is a strong runner but needs some work, but both are players we can build our team around!

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa is off contract next year. If he plays well next year to earn a new contract, he might be worth a look at offloading mid year with a higher value.
DWZ has too much of a price and contract term left to make it workable to move him on. Financially he's our biggest problem.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually think tbaz can get r smith and dwz firing yes theyve been bad this year but they do have it in them
I'd agree on this. As bad as they've been this year, they've all been fucking bad and those two do have some talent in them as shown in previous years. For me you'd push Holland, Crichton, Lafai & Montoya out before them which leaves 4 free spaces. We'd need to buy 2-3 more players in the backs if we're going to let Smith & DWZ go, which is something I don't think the club will want to do and I personally agree with them.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some of the players with a year to go on contracts such who are unlikley to be re signed beyond that could be persuaded to seek longer contracts elsewhere eg in sl

Malla

Reaction score
Can live with Napa still on our books but the bloke that really needs to go is DWZ. Scoffed at the report that he was on 500k a season. What an absolute waste of money.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
How does us moving on contracted players early entice other players to come to our club. Wouldn't it actually deter players from coming for fear of getting moved on early themselves?

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. I'm over paying players to play at other clubs.
Paying players to play elsewhere hurts me big time too, but sometimes it's good business, if you can save $300,000 on a totally useless player who is on $600,000, it might be worth considering. Their are many $300,000 players out there who are much better than our $600,000 players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Paying players to play elsewhere hurts me big time too, but sometimes it's good business, if you can save $300,000 on a totally useless player who is on $600,000, it might be worth considering. Their are many $300,000 players out there who are much better than our $600,000 players.
Panthers are paying RCG and Blake to play at other clubs. You need to have someone that can come in and do a similar or better job for the amount you're saving moving them on. It also allows you to have the salary cap space to retain players in the future.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's so frustrating seeing a fellow bottom feeder like the Titans shift their highly paid garbage like Shannon Boyd and Cartwright so easily while we have had to sit back and eat the shit sandwich with bad contracts for more then 3 years now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's so frustrating seeing a fellow bottom feeder like the Titans shift their highly paid garbage like Shannon Boyd and Cartwright so easily while we have had to sit back and eat the shit sandwich with bad contracts for more then 3 years now.
Yep it's fucking shit... It's because the NRL want GC to be successful so turn a blind eye, payout figures would have to be given on the quiet, no one just walks away like they have.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep it's fucking shit... It's because the NRL want GC to be successful so turn a blind eye, payout figures would have to be given on the quiet, no one just walks away like they have.
I dunno if it's that or the Titans just have people there that can make the moves happen which it looks like we don't.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know, but I feel we need to draw a line in the sand, and just accept shit players and actually be smarter going forward.

And its never just one player or coach - some clubs have half a dozen guys they have moved on and am forking out for them.