Potential early releases

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Tbaz coming on board, surely he is thinking of potentially releasing a few players on Contract, obviously it’s not easy we would have to pay a bit of the freight.... who would you want released that is on contract?

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where do you start? I guess most would be happy to see half of the team disappear.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa. Lol.
We have a few fringe first graders, especially in the forward, so this has to be done. No place for smith and britt. Dont mind waddell's signing if we can release at least those 2.

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should release the whole team at this stage, none of them deserve to be wearing our blue and white jersey, no heart no passion and care factor ZERO when it comes to their loyal fans!
Mate agreed, no one should think that their safe based on the performance of the last few years, its time to clean house

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think we can really afford to lose Napa.
He not playing like a 600 forward, maybe a 300 forward. But even so, what 300 forward is available? If there is, we can afford one anyway. So where are there two?

DWZ is the obvious one you'd nudge if you could.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can see DWZ, Napa, Lewis, Britt, Stimson and both Reimis and Chris Smith being told they're free to negotiate with other clubs.

Obviously there would be lukewarm interest from other clubs at best in most of those but you never know, clubs take chances on other clubs scraps all of the time.

Either way, it's worth looking into and I'm sure Baz will move some guys on. It happens at every club when a new coach takes over.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne seem to be keen on a player swap what about DWZ for JAC?
Excellent if they acception.

But thang be,
Melb won't pay 550 for DWZ. But 550 is why JAC wants.
So it'll cost us 800 in the end after we pay JAC 550 and then top up 200 so melb don't break bank.
JAC heself onky gets 300 at melb

Last edited:

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately most of the guys we'd want to move on their value has bottomed out, you'd struggle to get 40c on the dollar on their contracts. A lot of people say DWZ but let's face it he came to us a damaged goods, we signed him to a big money deal and he's not even a guaranteed starter in a terrible team, no team would pay more the $300k for him especially now with his handling errors. Likewise Napa came to us as damaged goods, we signed him to $650k a year and now with his fork and injury, no team would pay more than $350k for him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unfortunately most of the guys we'd want to move on their value has bottomed out, you'd struggle to get 40c on the dollar on their contracts. A lot of people say DWZ but let's face it he came to us a damaged goods, we signed him to a big money deal and he's not even a guaranteed starter in a terrible team, no team would pay more the $300k for him especially now with his handling errors. Likewise Napa came to us as damaged goods, we signed him to $650k a year and now with his fork and injury, no team would pay more than $350k for him.
What about Townsend? How much less will he be worth when we try to move him on in 2022 after a shit 2021? :tearsofjoy:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I also think Townsend could be our Cronk.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can see DWZ, Napa, Lewis, Britt, Stimson and both Reimis and Chris Smith being told they're free to negotiate with other clubs.
Out of that bunch only DWZ and Stimson are contracted beyond ‘21 so reasonable chance at least some of the other guys will leave end of next year. We’ve only got 9 spots locked for 2022 right now. I’d like to see what Baz can get out of Stimson, I didn’t mind what I saw of him in Melbourne, obviously he didn’t show much this year, didn’t look fully fit and injured early so I’m happy to not pass judgement on him just yet.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think we can really afford to lose Napa.
He not playing like a 600 forward, maybe a 300 forward. But even so, what 300 forward is available? If there is, we can afford one anyway. So where are there two?

DWZ is the obvious one you'd nudge if you could.
Mate, we sure can afford to lose him. Hasn't done anything special.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. I'm over paying players to play at other clubs.
I'd roll wiz it if it was Thai very tight and tunneled scenario like this;
JAC wants 500, Melb willing to pay 450 For DWZ.
We chuck in 100 only for DWZ
Total cost 600 for the year. Real cost is 50k extra for JAC (500 contract + 100 DWZ difference to top up DWZ melb 450 contract + 100 so he don't lose out)

The main issue with this is the high unlikelihood melb fork out 450 for DWZ. Not only he not worth it, they are swapping a 300 player for a 450