Post your GF day meal ideas

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I couldn’t give a rats who wins actually “no no no no”, as Gus would say. I don’t want South’s to win but I always try and do a special “footy” meal on GF day has become a tradition a bit like they do the Super Bowl.

I tend to go more finger food the less I care about the result so im thinking home made from scratch sausage rolls and maybe chicken wings with some halloumi and a few chicken souvlaki skewers with a million garlic and sauce dips.

I’ve done whole suckling pig on a spit before in 2012 on our GF day and various others. What are you ladies and gentlemen thinking of cooking ordering on GF day this year??

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yet to finalise the menu but either sweet chilli or corn chip sausages along with lamb and halloumi kebabs and garlic potatoes are among the likely starters…
1631484032257.gif

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ohh yeah not bad smash out some cornflakes..
My enthusiasm for the football is at an all time low. I'm guessing I'll be working on the day it's on anyway. But either way I don't plan on watching it. Just feels too rigged with the 6 again rule seemingly making the desired outcomes inevitable.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
My enthusiasm for the football is at an all time low. I'm guessing I'll be working on the day it's on anyway. But either way I don't plan on watching it. Just feels too rigged with the 6 again rule seemingly making the desired outcomes inevitable.
Well the NRL would definitely want South’s to win and if that happens I will vomit up all my said GF food.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If south’s are playing thinking of some rabbit stew…..Probably run the early dinner late lunch thing, get that outta the way. Then beers and snacks for game time. Chips, popcorn whatever’s on the family’s mind. I like the idea as earlier, snags on the bbq for lunch. Nice and easy