Opinion Post rd 19 thoughts

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching that game last. Was great to get a win and get of the bottom of the ladder cause I don’t think we deserve it by a mile.

If this team can get there attitude right they can compete not top 4 but competitive at least they have points in them ,and can defend low scores. it’s like we lost that edge in a arm wrestle game which we would have won once upon a time. A few more editions personal wise and attitude shake up and I think we are top 8 team

special mention to okonbur last 2nd game back after not being in the fold for a bit proves to me he was training by him self and once back with the team he has trained hard and it’s showing Atm.
Same to remis smith played well played strong and to the whole team a win well deserved

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, first time i thought Reimis tried for many weeks. Great leg strength to get over the line and was good to see. The team needs to keep consistent, they have shown glimpses of a good team then clock off. So well done last night boys.

Last edited:

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alot of positive signs last night. It shows what these players are capable of. As SG said every player contributed and it was a great team effort

I think Okonbur was fantastic and it shows the importance of big strong wingers to get our sets off to a good start. Unfortunately for Meaney it really highlights his shortcomings with his lack of metres coming off our line. Okonbur was a real attacking threat in the air as well. His defence needs work but I think this will improve once he has a permanent centre next to him and they can build up a combination and understanding. One of our problems this year is that we have absolutely no combinations in any positions with the continuous changing of the team

I thought all the forwards contributed and most of them had close to their best performances of the season

RFM continues to impress with his form and with a settled structure and combinations around him he should go even better

JMK was also very good. Like most people on here I really hope we can pick up a top line hooker for next year but with what is available, that is looking more unlikely. For me it wouldn't be a disaster if we had to go with JMK for another year. He has some really good attributes and I'd love to see him get the coaching that he needs, get a dominant half next to him that runs the show, and work on his running game from dummy half, we saw examples of that last night and he looked very good

I think TBaz would have watched that game last night and would be really looking forward to improving our squad, getting settled combinations in key positions and really get us putting in more consistent performances like last night

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I just hope Trent was watching. I feel like we had a good dig as a team last night.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought the whole team was fantastic last night. We lost Lewis early and then lost JMK for a period too. Thats half our spine. Given the players missing from our squad like Foran Elliot, napa, Ogden etc, it was a great effort. Every single player on the field stood up!!
Our try saves were fantastic too. Jackson had a great captains knock on game 200. That spread by him from the kick off lead to one of the best tries we have scored i years.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I really liked having Reimis on one side and Okunbor on the other, it meant whatever position we were in on tackle 4 could kick for one of them and it also made it harder to defend, it feels like we finally pulled off the plays we were trying to do all year. Will be interesting to see if we could isolate To-oo against okonbur or Reimis next week against the panthers, although the panthers centres in Naden and Crichton are both approx 190 cm.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson played well too in the middle for a change and jmk was great in his spell I think he is a hooker he just needs a bit free rein they make him play structured footy and he is a threat when they go off script and play what’s in front of them
Remis has all the attributes to be a centre needs a better attitude and work on his defence as well as okonbur

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont wont to think yet, still enjoying the winning glow...

UnlinedDrearyDugong-small.gif

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good win, lets hope the Broncos drop their last two games.

Okunbor and Smith played with intent and Jacko was really solid.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was good. There was some plan, they kicked to taller men out wide all night and it worked out well.
The most pleasing part is knowing some players arent that bad. They can put in good performance when they want to. At least barret has something to work on next year.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was good to get a win. The team tried hard for each other. I’d like to see more running in pairs from forwards. But the Wakhem and Avo combo did well. Wakhem kicking game was close to spot on. I would like to see that develop. But we need desperately a big meter eater. And running in pairs may help that. Other wise solid win and a very happy fan. Was easy to go to work again