Post match

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who watched it?
I really like how he explained things with the recruitment going on and how we ain’t chasing players for short term gain. He is looking to rebuild for the future.
also mentioned he speaks to Burton often and no way he is backing out. Club is excited with him coming next year.

overall I’ve been critical of Barrett and he is well spoken all the time but tonight it was spot on. Answered a lot of our questions. Well done baz and boys

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the press conference he was saying it was very emotional as these guys spend more time together than with their families, I really felt for him as they’re all doing it tough. Was a gritty win which was really needed.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would of given him 10k to bag the ref that decision to give the Sharks a penalty after they threw it out just because Flanagan patted him on the chest was a joke nearly cost us the game. Penrith do far worse every game but of course nothing gets done about that.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure from that presser we ain’t going for Reynolds

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I got a little emotional watching that, Baz’s words and the effort tonight certainly restored some faith. Still expect it to be a long and tough season but I’m happy if they show that heart and pride in the jersey each wk from here on to the end of the season.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love the fact that Barrett talks to Matt Burton regularly and that he isn't worried about the rumors circulating about any potential back flip on Burtons behalf. I also love the quote when he said it's great that Penrith have noticed what a good player Burton is now, something that he himself noticed 18 months ago at training :grinning:

Honestly a lot has been said about Phil Gould....like him or hate him Penrith should kiss his ass because if it wasn't for him and the changes he implemented during his time there they would not be riding the wave of success now!!!

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
We should get Gould to the club in some capacity, and Barrett's comments suggest he would be open to it.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would of given him 10k to bag the ref that decision to give the Sharks a penalty after they threw it out just because Flanagan patted him on the chest was a joke nearly cost us the game. Penrith do far worse every game but of course nothing gets done about that.
And then theres bloke like Munster and Latrell who are masters at it that Ive never seen penalised for it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People can doubt Baz's coaching ability or track record but no one can doubt how well he speaks and communicates to his players, the fans and the media.

His passion, honesty and temperament are a breath of fresh air after decades of silence, repressed emotions and seige mentality against the media from Hasler, Pay, Folkes, Moore and Anderson etc.

What he said about Burton and how they plan to rebuild the club by avoiding desperation moves, as well as the bond he has with the players was exactly what you want to hear.. You can see why the club is firmly standing by him regardless of poor results.. They know he's the right man and leader to help rebuild the club.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me baz loves the joint hopefull this win fortifies the team the club and supporters s turning of the corner hopefully

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People can doubt Baz's coaching ability or track record but no one can doubt how well he speaks and communicates to his players, the fans and the media.

His passion, honesty and temperament are a breath of fresh air after decades of silence, repressed emotions and seige mentality against the media from Hasler, Pay, Folkes, Moore and Anderson etc.

What he said about Burton and how they plan to rebuild the club by avoiding desperation moves, as well as the bond he has with the players was exactly what you want to hear.. You can see why the club is firmly standing by him regardless of poor results.. They know he's the right man and leader to help rebuild the club.
Agreed.

He could easily get some players with a bandaid fix, and void more sack Barrett threads but his vision is for the long term.