Post Match discussion

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure if it was discussed but Thommo played pretty well. Nothing like a contract year to light a fire under his ass.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That bullet pass from Mahoney out to Okunbor back inside to Alamoti, no way do we score try’s like that with JMK, that was all class ..
Happened right infront of me. My jaw hit the floor. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a hooker throw a triple cut out to the winger from left midfield like that.
Was even more blown away that butter fingers Okunbor actually caught it.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My take aways from game; Waddell will spend most of season in reserve grade. Reynolds will be a permanent on bench where he will be exceptional when he comes on. Anderson, Topine & Sutton are the workers but only 1 can be in the team at any given time. Preston will get more cracks at `1st grade but wont be a regular this season.
1. Perham
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Averillo
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Flanno
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Thompson
11. RFM
12. Kikau
13. Sutton
14. reynolds
15. Pele
16. TJP
17. Burns (Team composition is such that an injury to backs would throw the team out of whack defensively)

Topine & Preston will be in the mix during the season for injuries and suspensions as they stod out yesterday to me. I wish Topine was 10kg heavier because the kid has a lot of heart

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My take aways from game; Waddell will spend most of season in reserve grade. Reynolds will be a permanent on bench where he will be exceptional when he comes on. Anderson, Topine & Sutton are the workers but only 1 can be in the team at any given time. Preston will get more cracks at `1st grade but wont be a regular this season.
1. Perham
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Averillo
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Flanno
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Thompson
11. RFM
12. Kikau
13. Sutton
14. reynolds
15. Pele
16. TJP
17. Burns (Team composition is such that an injury to backs would throw the team out of whack defensively)

Topine & Preston will be in the mix during the season for injuries and suspensions as they stod out yesterday to me. I wish Topine was 10kg heavier because the kid has a lot of heart
You've dropped Preston just to fit Reynolds in lol.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would Topine in the 17. Won the reserves player of the year & was near the top for line breaks, PCM & tackles. Had a good game is the 2nd half deserves the chance of being part of the 17 in 2023.
Swimming against the tide here, not convinced that Alamoti should start ahead of Skelton.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if it was discussed but Thommo played pretty well. Nothing like a contract year to light a fire under his ass.
From the footage of Thompson before he joined us, he needs the ball when he's hit pace to be at his best.

With Lichaa we weren't ever going to see much more than a hand off pass and the opposition knew it and could line our forwards up with three defenders to smash three types of shit out of them, with JMK we saw the ball travel further but he didn't have the instinctive ability to adjust his passes to match the speed of the target, so they continued to work at the speed JMK could pass at although they weren't facing the same punishing defence but not were they able to play as hard as they could. Mahoney is a true hooker that can time a pass so that our forwards can run at pace and know they'll get a pass they can catch. Thompson might actually be able to use his pace this year. If so we'll be loving his ability to put defenders under pressure by getting there before they're ready.

I hope this is true of others. But I have high hopes that we'll see the best of Thompson this year.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defensive cohesion looked good from both 1st and 2nd half teams. Raiders fluked a couple of against the run of play.
Any young player to make the top grade knows his role in a good system.
Early days but a good start. Nice results over the weekend for the club across all grades in general.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another positive, good to see defensive coach Furner at another club.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We played a raiders reserve team against more than half our first grade team

Anything less than a dominant display would have you worried

The trial served its purpose by getting some conditioning into the players with no injuries.

This week against the sharks might tell us more than what this trial did but definitely good signs
I agree.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also, watch the replay of the Schiller try from the Davey knock-on - Skelton came from the other side of the field and closed the gap. If the field was another 20m longer he would have stopped him. Insane speed for a big unit.
That was Topine.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We played our starting props they didn't .... made a huge difference during the first half.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We played our starting props they didn't .... made a huge difference during the first half.
they didn't play Rapana, Kris, Timoko, Cotric, Wighton, Fogarty, Tapine, Starling, Papali'i, Young, Whitehead, CHN and a couple others. Savage also went down early. I think they played 5 of their top 17 and 3 of them are small minute players. Next week will be a real indication of where we're at.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
they didn't play Rapana, Kris, Timoko, Cotric, Wighton, Fogarty, Tapine, Starling, Papali'i, Young, Whitehead, CHN and a couple others. Savage also went down early. I think they played 5 of their top 17 and 3 of them are small minute players. Next week will be a real indication of where we're at.
FMD seeing the names of all those who didn't play puts perspective in our win doesn't it :|

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson had a good game. He ran onto some good passes. He will be even better as a backrower (probably from bench)
than he is a prop. All 3 pommies played well.