Post Match discussion

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been 8 years since we've had an actual first grade dummy half. It was great to see no dip shit plays like scooting on the 4th, or that stupid half scoot thing that lichaa did that just threw timing out for the whole set, there was no garbage just great service and great leadership.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The early kicking to back corners set us up for some field position… we have always done ok if we start fast… this was different type of win we were dominating the ruck, defensively sound and attacked their line with good options… that organisation didn’t come from flano although he played a role.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We played a raiders reserve team against more than half our first grade team

Anything less than a dominant display would have you worried

The trial served its purpose by getting some conditioning into the players with no injuries.

This week against the sharks might tell us more than what this trial did but definitely good signs
I recon Sharks game will be close. Both teams have noticeably weaker packs of the competition. Should shows us if we really can keep up with the good teams

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Corey Waddell probably won't be playing any first grade at the Dogs this year. Look for him to be released (my thoughts). With Kikau, RFM, Preston, Davey, Morrin etc, he's well down the pecking order. I noticed that all game he was the only one who made a really bad defensive read that led to a Raiders try (theirs third). Clearly it's something CC has worked on all pre-season long and he just can't help himself.

Bringbackbaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Anyone got info on how Olapah played over weekend? Obviously didn’t feature against the the raiders but surely he played some footy?? Would love to know the plan there with blooding in nsw cup and getting him ready for NRL

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Corey Waddell won’t be playing firsts. That shit would of pissed Ciraldo off

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 The best place for Pele to keep improving his game is in the 17, not NSW Cup.
2 Skelton also looked good enough for 1st grade if needed.
3 Preston and Sutton offer depth to the 17, which was looking like a problem.
4 Thompson the big winner from Mahoney's sharp service.
5 Flanagan on the other hand had more time to think with Mahoney's feed but showed he does not have the talent to capitalise. His shuffling footwork and inability to create space with the ball in his hands are permanent. Reynolds seemed to get more from the Mahoney feed.
6 Fox should replace Corey Parker with Charly Arnolt.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also, watch the replay of the Schiller try from the Davey knock-on - Skelton came from the other side of the field and closed the gap. If the field was another 20m longer he would have stopped him. Insane speed for a big unit.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As a team the most notable thing is how much faster, fitter, stronger and more physical we looked in attack and defence. The line speed and initial contact were great. Much better than they've been for years.

Ciraldo and Touma's influence and focus on improving the fitness and toughness of the team has been noticeable.

Reaction score
pretty impressed with yesterday, my only question mark of the weekend was hayze perham

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reed made a massive difference with his service, vision and decision making - Preston looked impressive, Pele was a handful, Reynolds surprised many but not those that know him well.

To Assassin’s point (and it shows his in depth knowledge of the game) CC realised Topine had the blinkers on and brought in Skelton paying off immediately, he has good hands for a big unit.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
love the way pele squared up on the half back, good clean shot that fucked him right up. sets the precedent that hes not to be fucked with. he was great yesterday.
I was expecting him to be gassed after 5 mins after what I read on TK pre season. Looking forward to seeing if he can deliver again next week against a stronger team.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Topine was the closest - but, watch #19 - Skelton - starts out of frame, get's in the frame, and kept running through - finishes ~5m from the play.
Ahh okay. I watched it live at the game and haven’t seen the replay yet but I’ll keep an eye on it when I do!