possible power outage nsw

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
RESIDENTS in NSW and the ACT are being asked to switch off appliances between 3.30pm and 5.30pm tonight to avoid rolling blackouts across the state.

As residents suffer through a heatwave, the state government has asked residents to run their airconditioners no lower than 26C, as authorities are warning extra power use could lead to blackouts.

The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) expects demand for electricity to be at its highest in six years this afternoon, leaving the state at risk of load shedding.

The peak period was originally reported as being between 4.30-6.30pm but AEMO has confirmed it will be between 3.30-5.30pm.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard last night it would be from about 4:30pm.

Bosses should also be sending everyone home from work so they can turn of office lights/power etc, especially in the public service.

Either that or go to the supermarket to cool off, like the Bundys did...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have generator backup at work, but the generator doesn't operate the aircon so it may be a stink pit. Good thing I'll be out of here by 5:00pm.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fucken joke. Yea right. Turn everything off just when you need it most.
Just make enough power, ***** !

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have generator backup at work, but the generator doesn't operate the aircon so it may be a stink pit. Good thing I'll be out of here by 5:00pm.
Dammit, don't you change your name too! I can't keep track of who everyone is. :screamcat::screamcat:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dammit, don't you change your name too! I can't keep track of who everyone is. :screamcat::screamcat:
no it better thats his xbox name do you know how confusing it is to Remember someones , kennel name , xbox, name, real name and Nick name ?
it's got me so confused i dont even know who i am any more and now you have realist and pc realist my heads going to explode

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Blame all those ethnics with 30 people in a 4 bedroom house.. they are using more power than the North Shore types with their wine cellars on 16 degrees all day!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I thought our home was a 1st world country.....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Blame all those ethnics with 30 people in a 4 bedroom house.. they are using more power than the North Shore types with their wine cellars on 16 degrees all day!
Blame the greenies with their opposition to nuclear power.
Currently in NSW we have over 70 power generating facilities.
All of NSW's power, and then some, could be generated by 15 modern reactors.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
RESIDENTS in NSW and the ACT are being asked to switch off appliances between 3.30pm and 5.30pm tonight to avoid rolling blackouts across the state.

As residents suffer through a heatwave, the state government has asked residents to run their airconditioners no lower than 26C, as authorities are warning extra power use could lead to blackouts.

The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) expects demand for electricity to be at its highest in six years this afternoon, leaving the state at risk of load shedding.

The peak period was originally reported as being between 4.30-6.30pm but AEMO has confirmed it will be between 3.30-5.30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.