James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can’t they rebuild belmore ffs that’s why we are shit we lost our soul

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's just not enough room for a proper stadium. At least not without bulldozing houses and/or going over the railway line.

Or going east/west, which they won't do unless they put a roof over it.

Screenshot 2021-04-08 151809.jpg

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It can’t be worse than Belmore. For those that thankfully don’t live in Sydney I’d much rather drive to a decent stadium in Liverpool than an old dump in Belmore or an empty stadium Australia

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
In all seriousness it does look tight
The complex is actually pretty old,A few pools,basketball courts and indoor gym/hall
Is it time to bring in the demolition team for the sake of progression.
Maybe
Perhaps the good council people might be persuaded with some healthy donations towards their community
Wink wink
2002 says hi :-).
I know you’re joking of course SD.
I remember Eddie Obeid offering to ‘broker’ a deal to get Oasis built. For a fee of course, which he later denied (of course).
Thankfully things are a bit different these days...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I love belmore for the nostalgia but the location of the stadium makes it very hard to upgrade parking and the grand stands etc. boxed in with housing on one corner and the train tracks pretty close to the dead ball line on one side makes it very difficult. At best it’s a stadium we could play at say 3 times a year against out of town teams cowboys etc and a newer stadium at say Liverpool could be for all our other home games.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 says hi :-).
I know you’re joking of course SD.
I remember Eddie Obeid offering to ‘broker’ a deal to get Oasis built. For a fee of course, which he later denied (of course).
Thankfully things are a bit different these days...
Yes mate I was only joking,
To be honest going to Homebush doesn’t really bother me.
Its a shame that they didn’t go through with bringing in the two ends
Anyway my main concern is watching our team make steady progress this year and who we recruit for next season.
The patch of grass we play is not that big a deal in our current climate.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What idiot allowed the Whitlam centre to be built like it is, I don't know, but this is slapping Bankwest over Hilliers Park

View attachment 22925
Opened in 1994.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whitlam centre is pretty shit. I'd imagine if there is any approval for a stadium to be built, Whitlam centre will not be at the center of the discussion (lol no pun intended).

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love belmore for the nostalgia but the location of the stadium makes it very hard to upgrade parking and the grand stands etc. boxed in with housing on one corner and the train tracks pretty close to the dead ball line on one side makes it very difficult. At best it’s a stadium we could play at say 3 times a year against out of town teams cowboys etc and a newer stadium at say Liverpool could be for all our other home games.
Multi story carpark as high as you want on the campsie side of the ground or catch the train and walk like i used to

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our recent record at Belmore suggests the players couldn't care less about playing there.
That is more to do with it not really being a home ground anymore as we hardly ever play there so the emotional attachment or crowd fortress thing has no legs. If they ever did develop a 20,000 seat stadium there it would be awful for other teams over time to play there..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is more to do with it not really being a home ground anymore as we hardly ever play there so the emotional attachment or crowd fortress thing has no legs. If they ever did develop a 20,000 seat stadium there it would be awful for other teams over time to play there..
Players don’t really have any emotional attachment to teams these days in my opinion. It’s just all about making money for them. It’s more about the team more than anything to do with a stadium we had some very successful seasons playing out of the Showground and that was the worst rugby league stadium I have ever been too.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Multi story carpark as high as you want on the campsie side of the ground or catch the train and walk like i used to
And the stadiums? If we want to get with the times and have something like BankWest it’s going to be tough at Belmore. As I said before mate it’s best to play 3 games a year at our spiritual home and that’s it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Players don’t really have any emotional attachment to teams these days in my opinion. It’s just all about making money for them. It’s more about the team more than anything to do with a stadium we had some very successful seasons playing out of the Showground and that was the worst rugby league stadium I have ever been too.
Showground is pretty decent now, played there after it was redeveloped. Unfortunately it's an oval so it's pretty much useless for us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oasis was a brilliant plan that would have grown the club into an even bigger juggernaught than it already was and put us light years ahead of other clubs in terms of owning our own purpose built stadium.

It all fell apart for obvious reasons and we've been nomads since. Playing at ANZ is souless and Bankwest is an amazing stadium but Parra is less of our region than Liverpool is..

Obviously Belmore will always be our heartland, but Liverpool is where our future is and if we can get part ownership or main tenants rights to a stadium there, we'll be a powerhouse club for years to follow and our popularity will only increase further..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oasis was a brilliant plan that would have grown the club into an even bigger juggernaught than it already was and put us light years ahead of other clubs in terms of owning our own purpose built stadium.

It all fell apart for obvious reasons and we've been nomads since. Playing at ANZ is souless and Bankwest is an amazing stadium but Parra is less of our region than Liverpool is..

Obviously Belmore will always be our heartland, but Liverpool is where our future is and if we can get part ownership or main tenants rights to a stadium there, we'll be a powerhouse club for years to follow and our popularity will only increase further..
This is 100% correct, we should have been tapping into the Liverpool area as we already have good sized fan bases there and is literally down the hume hwy from our clubs heart lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those two or three years at the old Showground were the most painful as a fan. There wasn't one seat in that shithole with a good vantage point. It made the old Parra Stadium look like the SFS.