Rumour Possible new home

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Laundy knows what he’s up to lol
Is it the same spot?
The Bulldogs own land in Liverpool but isn’t the original Oasis site now the Whitlam Centre?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Not sure about Crest. Would be good as well... there’s already a pub there; or has it closed down
Bankstown Sport close down the handle bar about 10 years ago. I think a new middle eastern restaurant has open about 2 years ago

Malla

Reaction score
Liverpool needs a stadium.

Huge growth area, a major CBD within greater Sydney. Airport will be nearby, major commercial development through the roof + residential growth spiralling further South West. Young families - potential to capture huge population of young people. The dogs had the foresight to plan our centre there 20 years ago - it fell through - imagine what we could have today if it got up.

Liverpool is the answer for the dogs long term future. It’s a stone’s throw from Bankstown - right next to Moorebank Rams...

Not sure what all the fuss is about...
Yeah agree, and hopefully it means accecss to the junior development areas in Liverpool and Campbelltown.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it's the Whitlam Centre site we own

Thanks. That only displays a subscription page but I’ll take your word for it. So in the future, if the Dogs do consider a home in Liverpool it’s likely to be a lease of someone else’s site like Stadium Australia - or is there still room to build a stadium adjacent to Whitlam? I haven’t been out that way for years so not sure how big it is and if there’s still unused land there?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it's the Whitlam Centre site we own

"The 35,000 sqm block is located just 16km from both Campbelltown and Parramatta in what would be an ideal location for a second western Sydney stadium. Owned by the Canterbury Leagues club, the Hume Highway site is adjacent to the Whitlam Leisure Centre."

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
"The 35,000 sqm block is located just 16km from both Campbelltown and Parramatta in what would be an ideal location for a second western Sydney stadium. Owned by the Canterbury Leagues club, the Hume Highway site is adjacent to the Whitlam Leisure Centre."
Thanks Wendy.
That’s a big parcel of land and certainly big enough for a ~25k seat stadium the size of Bankwest. Obviously lots of growth in the area but personally I’d prefer to stay at Homebush provided the upgrade eventually goes ahead for the reasons I’ve stated before. Others feel differently so interesting to see which way the club goes as we return to being an NRL powerhouse.

Reactions: TAS

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
1617846866068.png

Go Dogs

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember the golden triangle adjacent to the railway station, every vice catered for including fireworks, on one 100 meter street.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So where would the stadium go, where Hillier Oval is? Existing car parking doesn’t look that big if it’s a ~25k seat stadium. Bulldog Park is probably also on the title. Looks tight to fit everything that would be needed?
1617850300852.png

That's a better picture.

There's quite a bit of area in total, but it's not a great shape with the Whitlam Center plonked in the middle. I'd like to see how the plan for a stadium is laid out, it will have to be something pretty clever.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 22924

That's a better picture.

There's quite a bit of area in total, but it's not a great shape with the Whitlam Center plonked in the middle. I'd like to see how the plan for a stadium is laid out, it will have to be something pretty clever.

Go Dogs
Thanks. Yep better perspective. Plenty of room overall but agree - poor use of space thus far. So Canterbury Leagues owns the land - but Whitlam, assume that’s council and they pay rent to the League Club?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pedestrians can cross the road for all I care, this is footy ;)

But seriously, to make this work, the Whitlam Centre would probably need to be bulldozed
In all seriousness it does look tight
The complex is actually pretty old,A few pools,basketball courts and indoor gym/hall
Is it time to bring in the demolition team for the sake of progression.
Maybe
Perhaps the good council people might be persuaded with some healthy donations towards their community
Wink wink

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be honest I don't really care about the location and it's more about the stadium for mine.

A modern 20k-30k stadium built for a rugby league field with step raked stands and enough corp seats to fill the clubs coffers would be perfect.

I think Liverpool is the only location where this is a realistic chance of happening.