Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whilst Liverpool isn't an ideal area to have our home base (about 20km away from Belmore) it's realistically our best option. ANZ is a lifeless boneyard, Belmore isn't feasable and I'm sorry but playing out of Bankwest, in the heart of Parramatta, is honestly embarassing.

The upsides the Liverpool:
-Whilst it's not our traditional heartland, geographically its close enough to the Bankstown area that most fans wont be travelling across Sydney to go to a home game.
- Engagement and presence in an untapped, growing area. Long term objective of incorporating Liverpool/South West into established Bulldogs territory.
- Decent support for Bulldogs out there. I worked in the area for a while and can confirm that the Dogs and Parra are by far the most supported team in the region (Liverpool, Cabra, Fairfield etc) with Dogs probably even better supported than Parra.
- Could have a new, state of the art stadium that truly is OURS! Even if we were to share it with Tigers, they play games out of Leichardt, Campelltown etc still so it would more or less be our home.

Born and raised in Canterbury heartland, I'd love nothing more than for us to have Belmore as our home stadium but it's time we are realstic and move with the times. But honestly fuck playing out of Bankwest.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anz is 15 mins from Belmore

why would we wanna move from there?
I wish we had done a deal to stay and develop the showground where the Giants now call home.. Homebush is pretty accessible for everyone.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BankWest should have really been built at Homebush instead of Parra.
There is still plenty of land at Homebush that a mini stadium could be built on to keep the precinct a sporting one. It would give us all easy access, and being where it is could steal a bunch of new fans as that area has huge housing and unit developments. Its probably what was behind the whole "Sydney Bulldogs idea years ago..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is still plenty of land at Homebush that a mini stadium could be built on to keep the precinct a sporting one. It would give us all easy access, and being where it is could steal a bunch of new fans as that area has huge housing and unit developments. Its probably what was behind the whole "Sydney Bulldogs idea years ago..
I doubt the government will give funding for a similar stadium to BankWest when its so close to Parra.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i dont understand your post? Bankwest is in the heart of parra, liverpool is not in the heart of canterbury?
I know I was referring to the suggested reports of a stadium being built at Liverpool for us. @Spoonman84 was suggesting that we couldn’t build a stadium at the Homebush sporting precinct as it’s too close to Parramatta and Bank West. But I am and just demonstrating that Liverpool is a similar distance from Parramatta as Homebush is so he cares???

I like Homebush if we can’t be at Belmore and just wish we had done something with the show ground which GWS now call home...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They aren’t that much different but Parra and Moore Park are already built and they aren’t building another smaller stadium in between them.
I think the yanks have proved with NFL and Baseball that teams can be placed anywhere and still build support and game day crowds.

We have had higher average crowds while at ANZ just not the atmosphere. If the Gov is going to spend $30 mil to build a stadium why not build it at its existing sporting precinct with perfect public transport.

Just needs to be pitched properly..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the yanks have proved with NFL and Baseball that teams can be placed anywhere and still build support and game day crowds.

We have had higher average crowds while at ANZ just not the atmosphere. If the Gov is going to spend $30 mil to build a stadium why not build it at its existing sporting precinct with perfect public transport.

Just needs to be pitched properly..
It’s comparing apples and oranges with the yank sports though. They have their teams well spread out and much larger populations for each team.

I think you’ll have a really hard time convincing the government to shell out $300m for a new smaller stadium at Homebush with BankWest down the road and ANZ still there. Homebush missed the boat when BankWest was built in Parra.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
With the demogaphs why wouldnt you be looking at something out the back of blacktown?

i think all thid stadum stuff a waste of money personally.

Finish the SFS refurb and tinker with homebush

we have plenty of boutique stadiums.

stop comparig to america (a country everybody supposedly hates so much yet cant stop measuring they dick against) and look at england where village clubs and grounds have cult followings

Castleford is a town of 15 000 people (si,ilar to fiorster tuncurry) and have a 15k stadium and do fine.

bot saying we should aim that low but lets just be smart.

bluedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How is Liverpool, Canterbury bankstown? Why do we do this shit all the time. Let the tigers go west. We should just stick to anz stadium if Belmore isn’t getting a major upgrade

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How is Liverpool, Canterbury bankstown? Why do we do this shit all the time. Let the tigers go west. We should just stick to anz stadium if Belmore isn’t getting a major upgrade
its never happened before successfully anytime we have deviated from our roots.
sydney bulldogs...'bulldogs' parra stadium, SFS,
lebs are too entrenched in the area and are too traditional to tolerate this and theres absolutely nothing wrong with this! its a community club and the area is big enough. Padstow heights to breakfast point is oine hell of an area.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate to break it to some but Homebush isn’t in the Canterbury Bankstown districts either.....