Opinion Possible Bulldogs 17 for 2020

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we're all being honest BOTH Cogger and Lewis are pretty average. It depends on what certain fans like.

I like that Cogger looks more like a half and looks to create more.

Others like the fact Lewis can tackle like a demon.

I think we can cover Coggers weaknesses. Maloney couldn't defend worth a shit and won SOO and a couple of Comps.

In all honesty I'm not fussed who starts, neither of them are that good to begin with.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pay hasn’t made a decision on anything in case I missed something that’s your opinion you’re getting confused with. The side named for the last round in 2019 has no bearing on the side for round 1 2020.

Cogger is a lot more creative then Lewis who relies on effort plays coming off he isn’t reliable at producing points on the field. Cogger easily has him covered in ball running and playing. Both kicking games are rather ordinary. Lewis has Cogger covered in defence but Cogger gets his body in front and that’s all you can ask for a half.
How can you say the side we named for the last round (and last few games actually) has no bearing on the side for round one 2020? Is Stimson, Katoa or Britt going to take one of their spots?

Lewis chances his hand more than Cogger, I actually think he's the more creative Half even tho he's very unorthodox. Cogger has a little scoot in him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we're all being honest BOTH Cogger and Lewis are pretty average. It depends on what certain fans like.

I like that Cogger looks more like a half and looks to create more.

Others like the fact Lewis can tackle like a demon.

I think we can cover Coggers weaknesses. Maloney couldn't defend worth a shit and won SOO and a couple of Comps.

In all honesty I'm not fussed who starts, neither of them are that good to begin with.
Exactly, both are no where near good enough to earn any sort of praise or demand selection ahead of the other. Wakeham on the other hand has far more halfback ability than these two combined, if he's fit enough to play and handle the contact then he's a must start.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In case you missed it, it was no coincidence that we only started winning games at the back end of the year because of Lewis inclusion, and your boy was banished to the bench really as an 18th man even though he was the 17th man cause the coach would not even trust putting him on for a measly few minutes.
So if you think cogger will get the jump over Lewis next year you have rocks in your head.
That's bullshit and you know it. Cogger won us games when Lewis was being a fucking passenger

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can you say the side we named for the last round (and last few games actually) has no bearing on the side for round one 2020? Is Stimson, Katoa or Britt going to take one of their spots?

Lewis chances his hand more than Cogger, I actually think he's the more creative Half even tho he's very unorthodox. Cogger has a little scoot in him.
It’s a whole new season what happens in the pre season and trials has a massive bearing on the Round 1 side. Just because someone played round 25 is no guarantee they will play round 1.

I don’t see much creativity in Lewis at all but fair enough if you do.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

How is he more creative? All he does is throw long balls to the wing even if nothing is on lol. He's literally like that player in soccer that ignores all other options and just constantly crosses the ball into the box, do it enough times and something will come from it. Cogger at least looks to create space and has variation in his play and was looking like he was about to hit a solid patch of form until being dropped.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well can they keep him in the sand pit all of the pre-season and not let him come out until he has learned how to tackle...

I remember Wayne Bennett did the same to kevvue Walters
How is he more creative? All he does is throw long balls to the wing even if nothing is on lol. He's literally like that player in soccer that ignores all other options and just constantly crosses the ball into the box, do it enough times and something will come from it. Cogger at least looks to create space and has variation in his play and was looking like he was about to hit a solid patch of form until being dropped.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well can they keep him in the sand pit all of the pre-season and not let him come out until he has learned how to tackle...

I remember Wayne Bennett did the same to kevvue Walters
He's below average defensively, nothing disastrous like you make it sound.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well he must be disastrous as pay would not play him in the tight games off the bench
It also took Pay the entire season to work out he could play RFM through the middle..

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dwz
2. Meaney
3. Hoppa
4. Smith
5. Okunbor
6. Lewis
7. Wakeham
10. Rfm
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Chn
12. Stimson
13. Jacko

14. Katoa
15. Tolman
16. Elliott
17. Tomonga

Can't start with Tolman and Jacko in the middle. It's 1 or the other. Pack is too small if we start with both. We will get steamrolled.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Dwz
2. Meaney
3. Hoppa
4. Smith
5. Okunbor
6. Lewis
7. Wakeham
10. Rfm
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Chn
12. Stimson
13. Jacko

14. Katoa
15. Tolman
16. Elliott
17. Tomonga

Can't start with Tolman and Jacko in the middle. It's 1 or the other. Pack is too small if we start with both. We will get steamrolled.
I like this team and I also think Stimson will prove to be a key signing. I'm tipping him to have a Cameron Murray type of impact
for us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like this team and I also think Stimson will prove to be a key signing. I'm tipping him to have a Cameron Murray type of impact
for us.
Stimson looks more like the Jackson mould. Always doing his job to a decent level, tough worker. Murray more explosive, pacey. I'd say CHN is closer to Murray just a different body shape.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stimson looks more like the Jackson mould. Always doing his job to a decent level, tough worker. Murray more explosive, pacey. I'd say CHN is closer to Murray just a different body shape.
Fair comment but I think our style of footy will suit him more than the Melbourne structure.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure why nobody is talking about Dean Britt... Wayne bennet had him playing finals footy last year in place of Sam burgess...hes an aggressive straight runner, loads of mongrel just like stimson..i expect them both to be playing in the 17 come kick off.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure why nobody is talking about Dean Britt... Wayne bennet had him playing finals footy last year in place of Sam burgess...hes an aggressive straight runner, loads of mongrel just like stimson..i expect them both to be playing in the 17 come kick off.
Who do you take out to fit Britt in? It's going to be hard for him to take a spot of Tolman, Napa, RFM and Toomaga for round one. We possibly have one to many prop's who are better off the bench (maybe Britt start, Napa to the bench and drop one of RFM or Toomaga). It's even harder to make our second row too. I think Britt could be a starting ball playing prop but I'm not sure if he's good enough or shown enough to warrant that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Britt made the decision to head to Belmore from Redfern before Burgess retired. Interested to know if Bennett would’ve wanted to have kept Britt had he known Burgess was gone. Guess we won’t know but hopefully Britt does his talking on the field regardless and demands a starting spot - as all players should - competition within the ranks is a good thing for the team.