Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Cotric
3. Schoup
4. Naden
5.JAC
6.Burto
7.Johnson

With rumours SJ is nearly done, that backline on paper can match it with anyone, I pray the club gets some forwards and a 9 so they are able to perform at their best on the back of it.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still hoping Okunbor can play some part on the wing, and i wouldn't be disappointed if Averillo was in the halves and JAC or Meaney were at fb

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now lick your lips because that backline is being paired up with Baz's forward pack for next year:
11. Waddell (80 mins)
12. Idiot (80 mins)
13. Stimson (80 mins)
Bench - Napa, T-rex, Woodsy and Chris Smith

Your welcome :-)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's the same backline I'd pick if we sign Johnson.

1. Smith/Clark/Hodgson
2. TPJ/Finucane/Taupau
3. Johnson

We probably need a quality second rower too but I doubt we have the salary cap space for that.

We need one of the combinations above (at this stage, more options will become "available") or next year is a write off (unrealistic to be in or around the 8 without imo).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would start Jackson at lock and bring Topine onto the bench... even so, we need to sign at least two, if not three, more players
For one more season lets hope.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be fucked if i can see what all the fuss is about Doorey so far, id say starting pack should only have Thommo in it...and Napa LOL

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the fascination with Averillo at fullback. Averillos best ability is to get outside his man. He is not a good support player nor is he good at setting up other players. He should either play in the centres or come off the bench. Naden is a much bigger threat at fullback.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For one more season lets hope.
Jackson is past it and on too much money if the quoted $700K is correct (regardless of any long term discount cap wise) but he is not the problem in our pack

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SJ, Burton, Avo, Cotric

good start.!!!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now lick your lips because that backline is being paired up with Baz's forward pack for next year:
11. Waddell (80 mins)
12. Idiot (80 mins)
13. Stimson (80 mins)
Bench - Napa, T-rex, Woodsy and Chris Smith

Your welcome :-)
Lol.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm still hoping Okunbor can play some part on the wing, and i wouldn't be disappointed if Averillo was in the halves and JAC or Meaney were at fb
you obviously don’t remember when we were a force.
Averelo In the halves and Meaney at fullback wow

that’s a bottom 4 side

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive heard real good things about Alamoti but Schoup has been great since coming in!
great?

he has been solid I give him that but he hasn’t set the world on fire to be called great.

sam walker has been great
Reece Walsh has been great

Shoup has been solid and I’m happy for him to keep getting picked for the rest of the year BUT he has not been great and if we have better options next year so be it.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Cotric
3. Schoup
4. Naden
5.JAC
6.Burto
7.Johnson

With rumours SJ is nearly done, that backline on paper can match it with anyone, I pray the club gets some forwards and a 9 so they are able to perform at their best on the back of it.
I would like to think Okunbor will force his way back in the top side, good size, pace and aerial threat. Maybe Baz will give Cotric another crack at centre instead of schoup. Also Alamoti is there as back up to Naden.
Either way it's a fuckload better then what we have now