Positives

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Despite a trial loss against a top 4 team that looks better than last season, there were some positives...

- Nu Brown made an impact as a running forward and then later at dummy half. He scored a try and his service was solid.. He showed his utility value.

- Alamoti looked more comfortable in FG and showed flashes. He has a shocking read for their first try but he recovered well and made several good reads and tackles after that, which is a good sign... He looked dangerous in attack.. He's a specimen that has a lot of ability.

- Skelton again showed his massive upside, even though it was garbage time again. The kick after breaking tackles for Reynolds try was freakish. He had a few other good runs. Surely he'll play wing or centre soon enough...

- Preston again was impressive and carried defenders, threatening to break through on most runs.. He's a big strong kid that is a handful to defend with the combo of his late footwork and size/strength..

- Pele made good impact again and should get a bench spot in week one.

- Reynolds provided a spark again. At some stage this year he'll do that in FG.. The cheers from the Belmore crowd despite being down 30-4 gave me chills and made me proud to be a Bulldog fan...
I agree with all your points B-Train, remembering the good old say " Rome wasn't built in a day ! "
You know what ?
I trust the current group to help us rise from the ashes but have a hidden fear...The Men with the WHISTLE :grimacing::worried:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped watching after Kikau went off.
Was there negatives after that? :p

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The biggest positive for me was No 9 on the Dolphins' team sheet.
The biggest negative was No 7 on the Bulldogs' team sheet.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many reasons not to be too concerned about the 2nd trial

I expect it will take some time for the boys to become a cohesive unit, and Manly at Brookvale first up will be a test.

I’m trying to better manage my mental health this season so I’m choosing to be realistic in my expectations, particularly in the first few rounds.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo live on 9News in a couple of minutes.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So many reasons not to be too concerned about the 2nd trial

I expect it will take some time for the boys to become a cohesive unit, and Manly at Brookvale first up will be a test.

I’m trying to better manage my mental health this season so I’m choosing to be realistic in my expectations, particularly in the first few rounds.
I hear yu.
2023 we have a weak spine and thats that.
Its a shame TPJ is injured aswell.
Ill trust the coaching staff to pick and choose what they believe is the best team moving forward.
Hopefully I wont go into meltdown after the second week of the season :tearsofjoy:

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Avo, Burns, Kiraz
2. Kiraz, Skelton
3. Avo, Burns, Kiraz, Skelton
4. Alamoti, Avo, Burns, Kiraz, Skelton
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Nu Brown, Reynolds
Oh dear!
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King, TPJ, Sutton
11. Preston, RFM, Topine
12. Kikau
13. TPJ, Sutton, RFM
14. Nu Brown, Reynolds, Topine
15. Patolo, Preston, RFM, TPJ
16. King, Patolo, Pele, Sutton, TPJ
17. King, Patolo, Pele, Sutton, TPJ

Only 1st grade certainties are JAC, Kiraz only as wingers Burton 6. Thompson 8. Mahoney 9. Kikau 11. RFM 12. 13. 15 Sutton 8. 10. Bench King8. 10. Bench, TPJ8. 10. 13. Bench.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it was a forward that took it up and it was one of those stupid two men in and one rolls off (don’t get me started as this should be a strip)
Stupid rule. Shouldnt exist. You should need to hold the ball so tight a defender cant rip it from your grasp. You have enough to contend with in a tackle already.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Ch10, bad news from CC, TPJ out for 5 to 6 weeks not 3 to 4 as per Dogs injury report.
The injury report listed it as a projected return round 4 or round 5. Round 4 is 5 weeks away so it hasn’t changed.