Positives (and no pisstake)...

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
We lose by 20 against the prems but...

- we're down 68-32% on territory
- only 24/37 completions
- we played 12 on 14 for the whole game (we had Dufty and they had the ref)

That has a 60 point game written all over it.

Thought Flanno looked ok. Avo finally realised when the winger closes on him he has JAC outside of him. We threw some punches at Penrith, whereas against the Storm we just looked fckng lost.

We clean the ball up and get a 50/50 shake from the refs, this is maybe a 6-12 point game.

Sucks to lose (again) but tbh, thought there was enough in this game to give me some hope.

And yes - off to pack another bong right now....

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

- only 24/37 completions

Thought Flanno looked ok. Avo finally realised when the winger closes on him he has JAC outside of him. We threw some punches at Penrith, whereas against the Storm we just looked fckng lost.

We clean the ball up and get a 50/50 shake from the refs, this is maybe a 6-12 point game.

Sucks to lose (again) but tbh, thought there was enough in this game to give me some hope.

After reading all of that, you could argue we did ok.

But, we lost again and were never in it.

We make the same mistakes on and off the field.

There might be some light at the end of the tunnel (I hope)….

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

- only 24/37 completions

after 5 rounds we finally scored one decent back line movement Rugby League Try which shows we are capable of doing it.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t get why King & Ava aren’t on the f{}cking field long enough?

They were never pushed back like the majority of our pack with ball in hand!

JMK, Dufty, Waddell & Burns did sweet FA tonight!

Nearly every single error we made, resulted in a f{}cking Panthers try

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positive is flano has been our best 7 from the last few games.

Besides that, jmk isn’t a back up Hooker at any other club, Jackson is a tolman 2.0, dufty had his worst game I’ve ever watched him play in, wadell and Stimson can not defend the line if there lives depended on it.

If Baz wants to take a leaf out of panthers attack how about getting the backs more involved.

If you watch the game panthers had there backline players taking hit ups in the middle on the 3rd and 4th tiring out our middles. Our backs during sets sit on the outside ball watching. The reason panthers go so well is because there backs are work machines. They take a lot of the brunt hence why there middles are not gased from defending and attacking!

If I can see this then why doesn’t Baz, that’s just one on hundreds of other shit I witnessed tonight.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Positive is flano has been our best 7 from the last few games.

Besides that, jmk isn’t a back up Hooker at any other club, Jackson is a tolman 2.0, dufty had his worst game I’ve ever watched him play in, wadell and Stimson can not defend the line if there lives depended on it.

If Baz wants to take a leaf out of panthers attack how about getting the backs more involved.

If you watch the game panthers had there backline players taking hit ups in the middle on the 3rd and 4th tiring out our middles. Our backs during sets sit on the outside ball watching. The reason panthers go so well is because there backs are work machines. They take a lot of the brunt hence why there middles are not gased from defending and attacking!

If I can see this then why doesn’t Baz, that’s just one on hundreds of other shit I witnessed tonight.
Whoa… talking to much sense!

What’s wrong with 5 forward hit ups & then bomb’s away? Huh.. tell me

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
We lose 50-12 if Panthers don’t butcher several try scoring opportunities.

Let’s not try and polish an absolute turd.
If you think there were no positives from tonight - you probably should give up. We cannot drop the ball more than that yet only got done by 20.

And what opportunities? They jagged a number from our mistakes which they don't get if we don't fck up. Quid pro quo...

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

- only 24/37 completions

The possession is our fault though, it’s not an accident we only had 40%

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Got the Fox into space something we haven't been able to do in the first 4 games.
Flanno was better than Avo & Wakeham even if its only for 1 game
Dufty is only on a 1 year deal.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you think there were no positives from tonight - you probably should give up. We cannot drop the ball more than that yet only got done by 20.

And what opportunities? They jagged a number from our mistakes which they don't get if we don't fck up. Quid pro quo...
The positives, as you said - was that we didn’t have 50 put on us. Which I’ve pointed out we were very lucky not to. The opportunities missed? Off the top of my head - Tago put a toe on the line in scoring in the corner. Staines dropped the ball cold with the line wide open. Kikau fumbled a regulation put down over the line. There’s probably 18 points missed right there. I’m sure there was others.

1 of our 2 try’s was a huge stroke of luck. Shit kick from Flanagan gets swallowed 99 times out of 100 and would go down as a poor 5th tackle play/meek turnover.

All that said - we were very fortunate to not be beaten 50-6.

Keep on polishing that turd. I won’t be buying into it.