Positives and negatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Negatives - we are paying our ex captain and ex inspiration to wear red and white whilst we have Tolman and Eastwood on our books. I said it before and I’ll say it again, that decision by the axis of evil Dib/Hasler/Castle is one of the worst in the history of our club!

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran will make the difference if we had more structure,mbye fb cant complain but some players really need to be dropped and our running lines are terrible

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of positives from tonight's game.
When Mbye learns to make the right decision in the opposition red zone we will smash most teams in the comp. His kick returns were terrific tonight.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran should not be in any discussion as being a negative at all. The only negative is he is paired with a Muppet who can't play for shit.
Exactly right, he was screaming at everyone all night, telling them where to be, he led the team well. Watching the game at the ground, everyone of his passes were crisp and straight on the chest, something we haven’t had for years. When u look at the other muppet, both times after we scored in the first half he gave the ball straight back to the storm by dropping the ball cold. No wonder our reserves improved out of sight last year once he started playing first grade

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Positives

Kieran fkn Foran. His work with the Ball, his communication and leadership and his ultra competitive streak (he was filthy at JJ for the piss poor miss on Solomona)

Woods. How you going to say he was shit? I thought he delivered and his numbers back that up

RFM finally unleashed

Attack looks crisp and we will definitely Ball this year

Negative
Bench - No punch. Ogden and Tualau need to get on
Defence around the ruck too many easy metres
Individual defence lapses
Blowing opportunities

Lack of express pace

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
where was the big wave passion, didnt they read the papers about folksy everyone i talked to said they would lift in his memory,all that mcdonalds at punchbowl and stimulents are causing negative thoughts

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positives - attack has improved, Foran.

Negatives - compared to the Storm some of our boys look like pregnant pigs.
I saw Tolman run on the 4th and had a Vietnam flashback.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I am surprised with all the talk about returning to dogs of war and our defense was soft and weak. Major disappointment. I was more than surprsed how good our attack was. Very positive. Lots of improvement to come.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Foran was great. What we have lacked.

Mbye has the perfect running game for us. His vision and execution is still trash though I’ll give it time. He has the ability to be a gun there.

Issues : Frawley had some good touch’s and some woeful ones.

Elliott, Eastwood, tolman. No.

Tualau has to be on the bench.

Tolman got dominated, turned round and rolled over. Tried to turn into woods for offloads and lost the ball. He is a tackle machine that’s it. We don’t need him. Release him and get the money free for 2019!

Eastwood looked like what I was concerned all of season before hearing he played so well in trials. I’d give him another week or 2 and if it’s not dramatically different drop him and thanks for the career and the spending we can do for 2019.

Elliott, offered nothing. Same as above week or so and if doesn’t help make way for Ogden or Burr or To’omaga.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran was great. What we have lacked.

Mbye has the perfect running game for us. His vision and execution is still trash though I’ll give it time. He has the ability to be a gun there.

Issues : Frawley had some good touch’s and some woeful ones.

Elliott, Eastwood, tolman. No.

Tualau has to be on the bench.

Tolman got dominated, turned round and rolled over. Tried to turn into woods for offloads and lost the ball. He is a tackle machine that’s it. We don’t need him. Release him and get the money free for 2019!

Eastwood looked like what I was concerned all of season before hearing he played so well in trials. I’d give him another week or 2 and if it’s not dramatically different drop him and thanks for the career and the spending we can do for 2019.

Elliott, offered nothing. Same as above week or so and if doesn’t help make way for Ogden or Burr or To’omaga.
The lack of punch from the bench was exposed and coincidentally Storm jumped to 12 point lead when they came on

Need energy off bench and that’s what Tualau and Ogden bring and Burr

Tolman wasn’t bad he just wasn’t good

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
29 tackles
152 meters (most in our team)
4 offloads
1 error

Are you on drugs?
I thought Woods was very good. He always is looking for an offload which the Dogs need. Bookmakers will have the overhyped Roosters firm favourites next week particularly with Keary back. Melbourne throw a lot more at you . The Bulldogs should fancy their chances.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Negatives - we are paying our ex captain and ex inspiration to wear red and white whilst we have Tolman and Eastwood on our books. I said it before and I’ll say it again, that decision by the axis of evil Dib/Hasler/Castle is one of the worst in the history of our club!
Graham giving Woods a firecracker or two would get him going wouldn't it. Imagine the side we would be if Reynolds was playing outside Foran and Graham in the front row.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The lack of punch from the bench was exposed and coincidentally Storm jumped to 12 point lead when they came on

Need energy off bench and that’s what Tualau and Ogden bring and Burr

Tolman wasn’t bad he just wasn’t good
If Mbye passed and didn't kick Munster wouldn't have split us up the middle. It was a 12 point turn around which changed the game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Positives

Kieran fkn Foran. His work with the Ball, his communication and leadership and his ultra competitive streak (he was filthy at JJ for the piss poor miss on Solomona)

Woods. How you going to say he was shit? I thought he delivered and his numbers back that up

RFM finally unleashed

Attack looks crisp and we will definitely Ball this year

Negative
Bench - No punch. Ogden and Tualau need to get on
Defence around the ruck too many easy metres
Individual defence lapses
Blowing opportunities

Lack of express pace
I think Jacko was out after trying to go low on Solomona.... After that knock he was off the pace all game.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye looked like a player with no pressure on him. Revitalised

Foran did well. Will get alot better once he gets 10 games under his belt unscathed.

Lewis should come in for Frawley

Bench is the weakest it has been in years

RFM was outstanding. Would be even better at lock.

Bring in Tualau, To'omago and Ogden

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Negatives - Dogs lose but a solid foundation to work off.

Positives - Man Utd won which puts them pretty in 2nd place.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Klemmer looks too lean, he needs to pack on 5kgs upstairs - PRONTO

Status
Not open for further replies.