Positive’s, BURTON MAHONEY HUGHES

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about perham anymore seems to now stifle our backline movements, predictable and playing more like a touch footy player the way he surrenders to the opposition, just stands and eyeballs oppositionn slows down the play or more or less halts it....make an fn decision with the ball son !!

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
They scored their points down Ado Carr's wing, knowing we didn't have it covered. Weight of possession was the final factor, as our players were coming off a five day turn around from a game that went into extra time. Then there was the sin binning, which gifted them more tries.

Same happened last year when we had a player binned, and the Bunnies ran in 18 points in 10 minutes. They had a host of rep players against our reserve grade side.
You are right there.....as I have mentioned elswhere in TK I feel that Alamoti's defence on the wing did not help either ( I am not blaming him for the points though as he is not a natural winger and just got caught too far in field at times). If playing with only 40% possession, it will be a bloody difficult game, but giving 60% to a team like Souths is never going to be anything other than a whitewash on the scoreboard.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alamoti obviously has not played much wing as he had errors defensively on the wing. A few tries he came in to make tackles on players who were already covered.
Souths are perhaps the best at creating an overlap near the try line. Considering that South's scored the bulk of their tries in the Topine /Alamoti wing, the final score was misleading. Felt sorry for Topine, who was trying to impress & ended up in the centres with South's having over 60% possession.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What? One kick failed to find touch, and Souths score 50 against us because of that?
100 percent dogs were dominating after that failed touch finder south’s had about 80 percent ball.
Huge error

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the kick to ado carr was never on and he gets injured, the failed kick for touch is a massive momentum killer
The coaching staff has impressed apon the squad to defend mistakes. Like others have suggested we were on a hiding to nothing. Didn't have the team or energy for that game. We as a club are building don't expect a finished product this year or your brains will dribble from your nostrils.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont know about perham anymore seems to now stifle our backline movements, predictable and playing more like a touch footy player the way he surrenders to the opposition, just stands and eyeballs oppositionn slows down the play or more or less halts it....make an fn decision with the ball son !!
I think that what you will find is that Perham is doing exactly what he has been told to do on kick returns. The idea is to get him totally comfortable with returning the ball first before "allowing" him to throw passes when returning it. His natural style is to take risks and throw it around, but in 1st grade the number of errors this leads to cannot be tolerated. He will start passing the ball when returning it when he is told he can. His real problem is that when he injects himself into the attacking line it just never flows. Either his timing is out or the lines he is running are off or someone else is stuffing up, continually. This needs to be fixed ASAP and shouldn't be that difficult to fix ....