Official Position Breakdown - Wing

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe Reimis can move into the centres. We have plenty of options for wing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s actually not a bad idea

I know lots here don’t rate Okunbor but I think he’s got a massive future ...the black Oates

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he fixes his defence he will be a top centre his defence was pretty awful at times but it’s fixable

yea... was still better than what Hoppa was dishing up... all he needs is some consistent game time in the position and he will get better.... I think he has shown that he has a good work ethic given how much is attack had come on since his first stint.... a good off season will sort him out and the additional motivation of his new born... I don't care what anybody says, the Smith Holland combo is going to be huge in 2019

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Right now Hoppa is our best fullback option.
Don’t quite get your constant criticism of Pay as a dead average coach & blame him for the club’s lack of depth. He inherited the roster & considering Woods/Mbye//Klemmer movings on & the astute signing of CHN & resigning of Ogden he’s doing a remarkable job.
The squad right now is in a good headspace.
All things considered Pay deserves praise not unwarranted criticism
Lol @ Remarkable job. I'm a fucking nobody and the changes i called for during pre season are literally the ones we saw at the backend of the season, took the bloke all year to work it out. Not to mention his obsession of keeping Holland on the bench instead of giving him a go much earlier or persisting with JMK for some unknown reason.

Hoppa is too slow, his acceleration and agility are too big of an issue and i will continue to call it as that. You simply can't have a fullback that moves like him in todays game. He isn't worth persisting with.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No thanks, bloke has everything to be an elite winger and that's where we need him. Don't want two dead average wingers that can barely break tackles or go the distance playing on either side for us

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smith will inevitably end up in the centres but right now he is a gun on the wing and when he says he will do what's best for the team, I genuinely believe him... he just wants to be out on the field right now

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Smith will inevitably end up in the centres but right now he is a gun on the wing and when he says he will do what's best for the team, I genuinely believe him... he just wants to be out on the field right now
I still think he would be a better winger than centre. I'd rather a centre be lighter on their feet...he's a little heavy and is more swerve than weave if that makes sense.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
No thanks, bloke has everything to be an elite winger and that's where we need him. Don't want two dead average wingers that can barely break tackles or go the distance playing on either side for us
Yeah I'd prefer to keep Reimis where he is for now, but I still think he would be a weapon at centre, which we also lack. It's just a thought based around our current options for centre. Might open up a wing spot for Hoppa if you don't want him in the centres or at fullback. I'd expect Crichton to be one of the wingers.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland and Smith together, Hoppa to left wing, Meaney to fullback then just figure out who plays left centre... I don't see what all the doom n gloom is about

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Olive, CHN, Montoya are who we have left to partner Hoppa on te left?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland and Smith together, Hoppa to left wing, Meaney to fullback then just figure out who plays left centre... I don't see what all the doom n gloom is about
Pretty sure Pay will give Crichton a wing position unless he plans on moving him to centre.