Official Position Breakdown - Wing

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait you telling me holland is more consistent the hoppa at a high level? Lmao
Fun me dead surely I mis understood you there
hoppa played 24 games this season and scored 5 tries and in 2017 he had 1 line break in 6 months, so yes we cant sell him so just put him on the wing untill hes contract expires, and we will just wait and see who has the better season next year cause i dont bullshit

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to make a statement but lost my train of thought
That hot chick in the add has got me thinking something else
Not really our wing problems

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Holland at his best is an average player and then he has his bad games.

I lose interest in next year thinking he will be our centre. Although he did finish the year okay last year
He's a better centre than Hoppa. Easy.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I sorta feel like Dutchy was a bit cocky when he came into grade but he had a lot of good moments at the end of 2018 and you could tell he had been working a lot on his game... sorta seemed like he was basing his game a little on J Moz... I am keen to see what he brings in 2019

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was really surprised by his ability to offload and break tackles, he did also appear to be a little more explosive and that seemed to make a major difference to his game.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was really surprised by his ability to offload and break tackles, he did also appear to be a little more explosive and that seemed to make a major difference to his game.
Shervo said he’s quick. He also said Montoya is quick and Fualalo is our quickest prop, reckons he can really motor when he picks up momentum

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Shervo said he’s quick. He also said Montoya is quick and Fualalo is our quickest prop, reckons he can really motor when he picks up momentum
He must've been dehydrated when he said Montoya was quick.. lol

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is really hoping that Okunbor develops in the offfseason. Ideally he wants 2 big fast bodies on the wing in Okunbor & Smith. He is also waiting on the fallout from the coaching circus & there are also several clubs that may need to shed players due to the salary cap, we have the money for a centre should a good one become available. Hopoate will be the starting fullback at this stage.
Also,Lichaa’s body shape is now leaner and looks sharper, his service from dummy half in training has been crisp- expect a breakout season from him 2019.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pay is really hoping that Okunbor develops in the offfseason. Ideally he wants 2 big fast bodies on the wing in Okunbor & Smith. He is also waiting on the fallout from the coaching circus & there are also several clubs that may need to shed players due to the salary cap, we have the money for a centre should a good one become available. Hopoate will be the starting fullback at this stage.
Also,Lichaa’s body shape is now leaner and looks sharper, his service from dummy half in training has been crisp- expect a breakout season from him 2019.
Hoppa at fullback is a waste of everyones time. No acceleration and no agility, not worth persisting with at the slightest wtih those two things being so bad. Not to mention his frame looks heavier every season.

Pay looks like a dead simple coach and it's why i previously said i think he would be a good a rep coach but not an NRL one. Looks like he can motivate the guys and get them up and committed, but at the same time looks to massively lack the depth required to be an NRL coach and will be relying far too much on individuals rather than a strong system.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol I was suprised aswell. Must look very different on TV apposed to in person. But then again other players speed seems to translate to the screen
Na he just isn't that fast. Looked faster coming through the grades but seems to be getting slower as the seasons go on.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland and Smith will be a force next year... A lot of fans are not sold on Holland because of his defence... but do you remember what that right side was like with Montoya and Hoppa? Christ! the Dutchman is in for a big season
If he fixes his defence he will be a top centre his defence was pretty awful at times but it’s fixable

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where u getting this from?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa at fullback is a waste of everyones time. No acceleration and no agility, not worth persisting with at the slightest wtih those two things being so bad. Not to mention his frame looks heavier every season.

Pay looks like a dead simple coach and it's why i previously said i think he would be a good a rep coach but not an NRL one. Looks like he can motivate the guys and get them up and committed, but at the same time looks to massively lack the depth required to be an NRL coach and will be relying far too much on individuals rather than a strong system.
Right now Hoppa is our best fullback option.
Don’t quite get your constant criticism of Pay as a dead average coach & blame him for the club’s lack of depth. He inherited the roster & considering Woods/Mbye//Klemmer movings on & the astute signing of CHN & resigning of Ogden he’s doing a remarkable job.
The squad right now is in a good headspace.
All things considered Pay deserves praise not unwarranted criticism