Official Position Breakdown: Fullback

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were called plodders there for a while, here is our chance to be the comps speedsters and out zip everyone.
Hoppa is too big for fullback, bench him as a utility and use him as a centre or second row.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney needs to work out at fullback ASAP.

We need Hoppa at centre
Hoppa was pretty average at centre.. although I think he was unenthused more than anything

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hoppa isn't a centre... hasn't played there for years before we attempted to play him there.. hence... disaster!

Last played centre in 2015 season, and then start of 2018.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I recall Hopoate was selected as a centre in State of Origin. After about 5 minutes he was shifted to the wing.
He did manage to score a try though.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hoppa at wing or centre for mine, i dont think hes heads in games long enough to play fullback. hes still great though

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall Hopoate was selected as a centre in State of Origin. After about 5 minutes he was shifted to the wing.
He did manage to score a try though.
from memory was that game 2 the year nsw won, and that try earned hoppa about 3 million dollars

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still have nightmares of Holland v Raiders where he literally lost us the game. Croker was made to look like Mal Meninga in his prime and Austin ran around him en route to Raiders winning try on the next play (that loss still hurts)

That said Holland finish to the season was great and his combo with Smith is building nicely

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holland gets a bad rap with most of you but he was much better then what Hopoate showed at center. Hopoate to the wing and Meaney to start at fullback for me.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa was pretty average at centre.. although I think he was unenthused more than anything
Fk who else have we got to play centre... Holland and that kid that was killing it in ressies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fk who else have we got to play centre... Holland and that kid that was killing it in ressies.
Holland and Montoya will be the centres next season.
Smith and Crichton / Meaney on the wing.
Hopoate at fullback.

Unless someone blows the doors off in the trials and forces Pay to reshuffle the backline.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holland and Montoya will be the centres next season.
Smith and Crichton / Meaney on the wing.
Hopoate at fullback.

Unless someone blows the doors off in the trials and forces Pay to reshuffle the backline.
I hope your wrong, because we are royally f@#ked is Montoya is our centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope your wrong, because we are royally f@#ked is Montoya is our centre.
He's wrong, but we're still pretty fucked lol. Smith can also play centre but i'd much rather keep him on the wing where i think he is best suited.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about this as most people don't want Hoppa at centre or fullback and I agree.

1. Meaney
2. Hoppa
3. Holland
4. Smith
5. Cricton

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's wrong, but we're still pretty fucked lol. Smith can also play centre but i'd much rather keep him on the wing where i think he is best suited.

he strikes me as the sorta bloke who at this point is just happy to be out there doing his thing and is in no rush to move... he will most likely be a centre in the not to distant future but right now he's become our best strike weapon on the wing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well you'd better ring and advise Dean Pay that, because that's from the man himself.

Montoya will be playing centres.
He played a single game there in reserve grade. He isn't starting there at NRL level, no chance.