Official Position Breakdown: Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We'll miss Hoppa at the back if he doesn't play there but Meaney's got some ball play in him don't worry about that.
I have a real good feeling about Meaney... just comes across as a kid who is willing to learn, willing to put in work and keen.. watching him play at the Knights he was bobbing up all over the field, keen to get his hands on the ball... had a few good moments.. keen to see what he will bring under Pay and co

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Then he shouldn’t start. I’ll never forget that Raiders game and his turnstile defence in the next 3 games.
I'll give him a go considering we have no one else but a backrower to play centre. We are definitely up shit creek when teams are running hard lines at Foran and Holland.

We should be chasing a top class centre.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a real good feeling about Meaney... just comes across as a kid who is willing to learn, willing to put in work and keen.. watching him play at the Knights he was bobbing up all over the field, keen to get his hands on the ball... had a few good moments.. keen to see what he will bring under Pay and co
His game is very much Patten like.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Then he shouldn’t start. I’ll never forget that Raiders game and his turnstile defence in the next 3 games.
His always been a turnstile, always gets injured and is extremely inconsistent.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Way too much emphasis is being put onto Holland considering he's the best centre we have right now and we don't even know who will be playing on the opposite side lol

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have hoppas stats for 2018 only for the games he played fb?

Stats for tackle breaks, line breaks, line break assits, try assits, offloads etc.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa to left centre as Holland won't adapt to the left side.
Should combine well with Crichten, am I crazy?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully we can get a better idea from the form shown in the trials. If we recruit another player prior to kickoff I think it will be a really promising youngster looking to leapfrog himself into an Nrl slot. I think the club is planning things for long term success rather than splashing their cash on a panic buy.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who watched the Jayden Okunbor video. The bloke said he is talking to hoppa a lot because he is an outside back. This means that Meaney will start fullback Andy hoppa will play centre

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who watched the Jayden Okunbor video. The bloke said he is talking to hoppa a lot because he is an outside back. This means that Meaney will start fullback Andy hoppa will play centre
I reckon Jayden Okunbor will definitely start the season as our left winger. While Remis Smith will be our right winger.

Thats 2 big tall strong fast wingers.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll miss Hoppa at the back if he doesn't play there but Meaney's got some ball play in him don't worry about that.
Thank you Sir Jo now I know you're a Queenslander.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree but dont kill me this doesn’t excite me !!!

I don’t want a pattern type fullback
Patten was a pretty good FB. Wasn't really the safest but could always bop up and create something from nothing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I reckon Jayden Okunbor will definitely start the season as our left winger. While Remis Smith will be our right winger.

Unlikely. Physically he can handle it but he still has a long way to go and needs to work on the basics.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Patten was a pretty good FB. Wasn't really the safest but could always bop up and create something from nothing.

Hhmmm pretty decent first grader but was never any hope of playing at the next level.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Got Nigel Vagana written all over him.
Miss Nigel. He was an excellent ball runner, glided across the turf with ease

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I reckon chrichton will start and jayden will come in later

Status
Not open for further replies.