Pope Francis says priests cannot bless same-sex unions

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yes I totally agree. Decentness and faith comes from within oneself and your own values of what's right and wrong.

Some of the most despicable, unkind people I have met are christians.

I was reading this:

"In the Catholic church, the priest in effect “deputises” for God: he is a conduit, a mouthpiece if you like. He embodies, in that box, this fundamental Christian belief – that we can all be forgiven.
The logic of that belief is that the confessional is an entirely safe space – one of the only truly safe spaces in human life. So yes, child abuse is beyond contempt as a crime; but the child abuser, in common with any sinner – indeed, any human being – is forgivable and will always be forgivable, even if only by God. To deny that seems to me to be to deny our humanity. We must always separate the wrong from the wrongdoer, or what hope is there for redemption, and the crucial possibility of another chance, a better tomorrow, a reformed world?"
Spot on.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said the Church discriminates. The Church does not discriminate, that have conservative values which have stuck firm for centuries and will not change based on law. The Church does NOT discriminate because they welcome people of all races, sexes, colours, and even beliefs (yes, beliefs), into their doors. What society misinterprets is these conservative beliefs thanks to the media.

A wise man makes his own decisions; and ignorant man follows the public opinion - Grantland Rice.
Your church discriminates based on sexual orientation, this is a fact you simply refuse to acknowledge. It is also a fact that discriminating against people because of their sexual orientation is NOT acceptable in modern society. Your church is becoming increasingly irrelevant and that is a great thing.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That so called sacredness is little more than a self-serving convenience to protect paedophile priests.
You know nothing about the bible and scripture. If you did you would know that Jesus did say. (man that lies with man will not enter the kingdom of Heaven). You are just another anti Christian -Catholic just jumping on the hate the Catholic Church band waggon, when ever its convenient.
GO BACK TO YOUR OWN SHIT ROTTERS FORUM.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know nothing about the bible and scripture. If you did you would know that Jesus did say. (man that lies with man will not enter the kingdom of Heaven). You are just another anti Christian -Catholic just jumping on the hate the Catholic Church band waggon, when ever its convenient.
Your church protected and rewarded paedophiles for decades when they were caught by transferring them to new dioceses to continue their raping of children, there is a lot to hate about that.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Your church discriminates based on sexual orientation, this is a fact you simply refuse to acknowledge. It is also a fact that discriminating against people because of their sexual orientation is NOT acceptable in modern society. Your church is becoming increasingly irrelevant and that is a great thing.
No the Church does not discriminate against people who are gay. They do not and never will accept 'gay marriage', however, that does not mean that those same gay people are not welcome into their doors.

As for becoming increasingly irrelevant, that's a matter of opinion considering that Christianity is the highest followed religion on the planet, and that won't change in our lifetime.

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/world/
1615863431302.png

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your church protected and rewarded paedophiles for decades when they were caught by transferring them to new dioceses to continue their raping of children, there is a lot to hate about that.
Some other religions avoid this problem by just marrying the children.

I don’t give this thread a long life

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Some other religions avoid this problem by just marrying the children.

I don’t give this thread a long life
Yeah but it's obvious you can take the piss out of one Abrahamic faith and the other two are off limits...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You said the Church discriminates. The Church does not discriminate, that have conservative values which have stuck firm for centuries and will not change based on law. The Church does NOT discriminate because they welcome people of all races, sexes, colours, and even beliefs (yes, beliefs), into their doors. What society misinterprets is these conservative beliefs thanks to the media.

A wise man makes his own decisions; and ignorant man follows the public opinion - Grantland Rice.
The one thing that I could never understand is the authoritarian stuff in the bible. The bible clearly states that you must follow the authority in power/government, and that the leading authority or government is put in power by God. But it was inevitable that the laws of the authority would contradict the teachings of the bible.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was Paul that said that. And he didn't exactly say, "man who lives with man". It said something like "Arsenokoites" which in ancient Greek is believed to mean "Men bed"

But yeah, the whole stance of the Catholic Church is that homosexuality is a sin. I don't agree with it at all, but it's freedom of religion. As long as they don't work to enforce that belief on others outside the church.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if you could bring back all the "holy men" that wrote the bible, how well would they fit into our world, and how well would we fit into theirs...?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No the Church does not discriminate against people who are gay. They do not and never will accept 'gay marriage', however, that does not mean that those same gay people are not welcome into their doors.

As for becoming increasingly irrelevant, that's a matter of opinion considering that Christianity is the highest followed religion on the planet, and that won't change in our lifetime.

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/world/
View attachment 22100
In the 2016 census more Australians put "no religion" in that category than have ever in previous census takes. Dogmatic beliefs are dying all over the world and it will be a great day when we finally throw the yokes of religions off our necks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The one thing that I could never understand is the authoritarian stuff in the bible. The bible clearly states that you must follow the authority in power/government, and that the leading authority or government is put in power by God. But it was inevitable that the laws of the authority would contradict the teachings of the bible.
Only one authority I follow, God.

By default, if I follow God's authority, I automatically follow human "authority" on the majority of their manmade laws.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if you could bring back all the "holy men" that wrote the bible, how well would they fit into our world, and how well would we fit into theirs...?
Well the most important "Holy Man" is Jesus, His only commandment was to love one another as He loves us. In a perfect, un-corrupted world, He would fit in just fine. But this world is far from perfect and a devils playground, He would be called the "bad guy".