No Source Ponga

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
people close to ponga are in his ear about money and what he should be on and after, no amount of dollars will make them happy, so let him go chase the dollars, and stuff him

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hes a franchise player. Does all the right things on and off the field, but he has no soul if that makes sense. Kind of comes off like a player that will go anywhere if the price is right.

I dont want him at the club if I have to worry every week that he may go to the All Blacks, AFL or Netball.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No one that has ever played the game has or had the ability to pass off both hips as accurately as he does running at full stride NO ONE love him or hate him he’s a genuine talent. Overrated? Nah.
He's got glimpses of talent, and maybe it's because teams rely too much on him, but I just don't see "superstar" or "immortal".

I see a good ball runner with a nice pass, but he's yet to break open games like say Barba in his prime.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would people be worrying about Ponga leaving if he was here? He's one of those players, if you can have him for any amount of time, you take it

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's got glimpses of talent, and maybe it's because teams rely too much on him, but I just don't see "superstar" or "immortal".

I see a good ball runner with a nice pass, but he's yet to break open games like say Barba in his prime.
He was pretty convincing in Origin no?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ponga is already way better than Barba

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone watch his game in Knights today? Was rather average indeed. Lacks pace as well.

He was pretty convincing in Origin no?
He was okay.

I’ve never seen any player rip teams to shreds like Barba did in 2012. Never in my life seen anything like it.
THIS... literally was beating temas by himself. The number of insane long range tries were up there too.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone watch his game in Knights today? Was rather average indeed. Lacks pace as well.

He was okay.

THIS... literally was beating temas by himself. The number of insane long range tries were up there too.
Ponga needs to get on the goey

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes a gun and will be a great i love when he chimes into the backline and throws those longballs

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ponga is already way better than Barba
Not even close, and I have Ponga up there as one of the best talents the games seen in years but Barba was something else that 2012 season, haven't seen a better individual season in my life and it'll be a while yet before we seen anything like it, with him in the team I had confidence we could win any match against any opponent. I've always stuck by my statement that if he had his off field issues sorted then he would've gone down in history as one of the best. Had speed, footwork, developed some nice playmaking skills, developed into a great defender and he made try scoring seem so easy.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Comparing ponga is just ridiculous barba wasn’t in the same post code

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve never seen any player rip teams to shreds like Barba did in 2012. Never in my life seen anything like it.
I’m glad someone else realised and said this, there has never been anyone to do it like that as it was done in 2012 by barba... remember how fucking exciting that was? We hardly lost a game!!

We pretty much knew a win was more than likely..!! Just like the storm do yearly .

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2012 Barba is easily better than Ponga.
Yeah I don’t agree barba was very good at returning the football but was a liability in defence and he didn’t have any where near ponga’s passing game but that’s just my opinion

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t agree barba was very good at returning the football but was a liability in defence and he didn’t have any where near ponga’s passing game but that’s just my opinion
Barba made multiple try savers that year, ran the second most kick return metres and broke 171 tackles. Leading try scorer with 22 tries, 23 try assists, 27 line breaks and 21 line break assists. He basically won every individual award possible other than the Clive Churchill.

Those numbers are absolutely stupid, Ponga simply hasn't come close to producing that. That 2012 season is one of the best individual seasons ever.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jarryd Hayne was freakish in 09 I think it was. And it wasn't just in open play, it was also in around the ruck. He was just ripping teams apart on his own from anywhere. Best individual performance I've ever seen from anyone in a full season.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barba was one of the best defensive fullbacks that year, made so many try savers that he shouldn't have even come close to, very good 1v1 defender even against the big men.