No Source Ponga

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The **** is a mercenary who will not see out one league contract.

I believe his heart lays with Union and i think he should go there ASAP.

Would like to see him in a All Blacks jersey
The All Blacks don’t need anymore help. If he goes to union I hope he plays for the Wallabies

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How's he eligible for both the Wallabies and the All Blacks? And the Rah Rahs make fun of League having flexible rules with International eligibility...

Surely it's one or the other and is the All Blacks?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Ponga will be the next code crossing mercenary just like SBW.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's he eligible for both the Wallabies and the All Blacks? And the Rah Rahs make fun of League having flexible rules with International eligibility...

SBW all over again

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldnt bother with Ponga.

Remember when he was at the Cowboys his father was after ridiculous cash and he ended up getting it. (at that time)

2 years into a 4 year deal and his father is whingeing again.

Than they throw around he wants to play for the All Blacks, go to union, ends up playing SOO and so on.

I wouldnt bother because it seems that there will be constant money dramas with this kid and his father.

I also do see him leaving League to go play Union
He has only interest in money. Sure he is a good player. But why would you want him when you have to keep topping up his piggy bank every time someone offers him more. He will blow your cap sky high. And if you can’t pay him his gone. Its the knights problem. I don’t feel for the knights they deserve him. As you said union is his goal they can have him.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because of payments made by the ARU or NZ Rugby on top of his deal? What would that amount to?

I think he'll go to the All Blacks. But if he has any interest in staying in League, we have to offer more than any other club.
They can earn money outside of Football in endorsements etc. That doesn’t happen in the NRL because of the salary cap and all money made is down to the manager and player. The NRL is such a backwards organisation

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has only interest in money. Sure he is a good player. But why would you want him when you have to keep topping up his piggy bank every time someone offers him more. He will blow your cap sky high. And if you can’t pay him his gone. Its the knights problem. I don’t feel for the knights they deserve him. As you said union is his goal they can have him.
Spot on Bully there will be a circus around Ponga for his whole career and as soon as he signs a deal the speculation will start all over again.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I reckon 1.2 mil per year for 5 years but sooner rather than later. When was his contract up again 2021?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldnt bother with Ponga.

Remember when he was at the Cowboys his father was after ridiculous cash and he ended up getting it. (at that time)

2 years into a 4 year deal and his father is whingeing again.

Than they throw around he wants to play for the All Blacks, go to union, ends up playing SOO and so on.

I wouldnt bother because it seems that there will be constant money dramas with this kid and his father.

I also do see him leaving League to go play Union
You are right...I can't believe people are talking about him
He could pack his bags and piss off right now for all I care

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah but those snobs in the north shore have all the corporate dollars..
They may have but the ARU don’t. I can tell you they are shitting bricks on the Folau case as any payout would see them close to folding. They literally have no money. Be interesting to see how it plays out

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Born in NZ but raised in Australia. He is eligible to represent both countries but his decision to rep Australia in league doesn’t automatically transfer to NZ. He gets to choose again

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Born in NZ but raised in Australia. He is eligible to represent both countries but his decision to rep Australia in league doesn’t automatically transfer to NZ. He gets to choose again
The Wallabies are wasting their time though. He's said he's an All Black all along if he goes back to Rugby.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Wallabies are wasting their time though. He's said he's an All Black all along if he goes back to Rugby.
doesn't mean they wont use the wallabies to drive up his price..

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow alot of people judging him and soughting his career out for him.
U guys must know him personally.
Unbelievable listen to yourselfs.
Maybe u are all upeet because he doesnt play for us or something.
Give the young kid a bit of a break and some air.
We sound worse than the journos we all cry about !

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ponga is overrated IN MY OPINION.
No one that has ever played the game has or had the ability to pass off both hips as accurately as he does running at full stride NO ONE love him or hate him he’s a genuine talent. Overrated? Nah.