Polly - One of the most underrated.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have had some extremely underrated playmakers in recent history. One of them was shifty Sherwin who was shadowed in the media by Braith Anasta and the other has to be this nuggetty weapon who played alongside a great in T.Lamb.

For those that never watched him enjoy and for those that remember Polly, enjoy the flashbacks.

Graig Polla-Mounter one very underrated footy player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So many good attributes.. speed, step, strength, among many others

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He probably wasn't as naturally talented as your Stuart's and Langer's but he made up for it with his grit and determination. He had the heart of a lion.

He's not underrated for mine he's one of my favourite Bulldogs of all time.

It was a shame his career finished a bit earlier then it should have due to injury.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pollamounter and Lamb was perfect combination and complimented each other so well.
The way he grabbed the semi final game against Parra by scruff of neck i will never forget .
Champion player and bloke.True Bulldog .

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I loved watching him play. Didnt have the skill as other halves but more than made up with Bulldog determination and ruggedness..

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have had some extremely underrated playmakers in recent history. One of them was shifty Sherwin who was shadowed in the media by Braith Anasta and the other has to be this nuggetty weapon who played alongside a great in T.Lamb.

For those that never watched him enjoy and for those that remember Polly, enjoy the flashbacks.

Graig Polla-Mounter one very underrated footy player.
feel the same about Jason Hetherington, one of the few good hookers we've had.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would like Jack Cogger to have a good look at the Polla-Mounter videos. He would learn a lot.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to love watching Polly play back in the day,tough as nails and had a very good read of the game
He had great vision and could adapt change if needed depending on the situation at hand.
I never underrated him at all actually quite the opposite
Always thought he was our little champion that never gave up no matter what
Salute to CPM

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every player in the 80s and 90s would shit on the guys now in heart. Polla was that, pure heart.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Polly was also one of my favourite players. He was one of the toughest halves of the modern era.

He was always consistent and while he wasn't great in any one area in attack, he still had some flair in there from time to time with moments of magic.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loved him. One of my all time faves.
Mind you, if he was playing today, half the ***** on here would be calling him a park footballer with no X factor.