Poll: Will the bulldogs make a big signing in the next 12 months?

Will the Bulldogs make a big signing in the next 12 months?

• Yes

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 63 59.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there anyone of any note left for 2021?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeah the roosters invested in their juniors with Cronk, Tedesco, Keary, Crichton, Morris, etc
No other team has a history of poaching big money players all at the same time like the roosters. They play by their own rules unfortunately

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forget the people involved.. the facts are :
1) we have no recruitment manager, CA who was involved heavily is gone, we sent the CEO overseas because literally there was no one else at the club..
2) we are offside with 2 player managers who have a big stable of established players

3) we offer no TPAs

4) We have a rookie coach who is no drawing card like some other top coaches..
5) We lack big name players that can also help attract players
6) we dont go to the lengths other clubs go to (or we use to go) to with player managers and the family of recruitmentment targets to massage their egos and take care of them..

The club is adamant this is the way they want to do business and play tough with the managers.. Some people here agree with this stance & others dont..

This is a picture of were we are at when it comes to recruitment and its open for our fans to decide if we can attract sought after players..

The salary cap space will mean nothing if we arent attractive to players..

The club was adamant Api was signing with us, then he did an about face and took less money to go elsewhere..

One player manager (who secretly - unless you know him) follows the Dogs, offered 3 very talented players to us end of last year, the club said no to all.. all 3 had very good seasons at their current clubs..

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No other team has a history of poaching big money players all at the same time like the roosters. They play by their own rules unfortunately
cronulla weren’t any better with
Barba, Ennis, Fifita, Prior, heighington, Lewis, Gallen, Maloney, Graham, Tagataese, Beale etc

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As they should being the best club in the NRL at this current time.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup I think we will nab one, I’m not willing to give in an say no..!!

So I voted YES.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the board don't pull the Turbo brothers or David Fifita out of a hat for 2021 before February I believe they're gone at the next election and deserve to be but unfortunately that's not going to leave us in a better situation any time soon.

I was so excited about finally getting some exciting players (like Mitchell) that at work and at home I'm constantly searching the net just hoping for some good news about us signing someone special to improve our team but no nothing, zilch ! I really can't understand those who don't want us to spend a dollar it seems and seem prepared to wait years just in the "hope" that some young players will eventually become superstars and improve our team to genuine premiership contenders. What they don't think about is firstly are our recruitment staff any better at identifying young potential superstars than the guys working at all the other 15 NRL clubs ?, The best young players also tend to sign with the Roosters, and even if we were somehow lucky enough to accidently discover the next superstar there's a good chance the Roosters would pinch them the next season anyway. We have to play by the same rules as the Roosters and target their players not only to strengthen our team but also to weaken the Roosters. Just seems like our board are working for the Roosters at the moment, not us.

I can't agree with people thinking the board have done a good job just because they re-signed a few players. Re-signing current players isn't going to "improve" our team really. It's just going to prevent us from getting worse.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If the board don't pull the Turbo brothers or David Fifita out of a hat for 2021 before February I believe they're gone at the next election and deserve to be but unfortunately that's not going to leave us in a better situation any time soon.

I was so excited about finally getting some exciting players (like Mitchell) that at work and at home I'm constantly searching the net just hoping for some good news about us signing someone special to improve our team but no nothing, zilch ! I really can't understand those who don't want us to spend a dollar it seems and seem prepared to wait years just in the "hope" that some young players will eventually become superstars and improve our team to genuine premiership contenders. What they don't think about is firstly are our recruitment staff any better at identifying young potential superstars than the guys working at all the other 15 NRL clubs ?, The best young players also tend to sign with the Roosters, and even if we were somehow lucky enough to accidently discover the next superstar there's a good chance the Roosters would pinch them the next season anyway. We have to play by the same rules as the Roosters and target their players not only to strengthen our team but also to weaken the Roosters. Just seems like our board are working for the Roosters at the moment, not us.

I can't agree with people thinking the board have done a good job just because they re-signed a few players. Re-signing current players isn't going to "improve" our team really. It's just going to prevent us from getting worse.

Attachments

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It shows he cares about the club who cares how much he posts. He'll either be proven right or wrong but we're not going to know until we're at 2021. You're going to be hearing a lot more of it so you should get used to it. Is it really that hard to skip over his message if you don't care about it? I don't agree with everything he says but majority of it I do.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Er, Ray (sorry, Brad, keep getting that wrong)
Turbos for ‘21?
They’ve just been offered 5 year contracts by Manly bud. They ain’t coming - they never were - and that’s got nothing to do with our board. Absolute truckload of dribble.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Er, Ray (sorry, Brad, keep getting that wrong)
Turbos for ‘21?
They’ve just been offered 5 year contracts by Manly bud. They ain’t coming - they never were - and that’s got nothing to do with our board. Absolute truckload of dribble.
100% they're not coming because our club won't offer overs (apparently). They also haven't signed the contract yet it was just reported the Sea Eagles offered them one? Why haven't they signed?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It shows he cares about the club who cares how much he posts. He'll either be proven right or wrong but we're not going to know until we're at 2021. You're going to be hearing a lot more of it so you should get used to it. Is it really that hard to skip over his message if you don't care about it? I don't agree with everything he says but majority of it I do.
Well at least he could get his facts right.
Turbos for ‘21?
They’re locked up for 5 years by Manly.
Anyone can post all they want, it’s a democracy, but at least be factual (and preferably introduce something new rather than just rinse and repeat).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well at least he could get his facts right.
Turbos for ‘21?
They’re locked up for 5 years by Manly.
Anyone can post all they want, it’s a democracy, but at least be factual (and preferably introduce something new rather than just rinse and repeat).
They're not locked up for 5 years? Your facts aren't right. They probably will be but they're not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.