Police bullying powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No this one isn't about me, its about the Supreme Court telling bikiies in a Newcastle motorcycle club they cant meet at their club house in Newcastle if they have criminal records.
These new pretend laws are not workable, since when does the Court invent laws?
What if the convictions are minor or years old?
Why can't motorbike enthusiasts hang out if they are not pure?
Not everyone likes the way some bikers carry on but the Government just making laws up is scary for the rest of the state who can be bullied by Cops at will if they feel like it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Motorcycle enthusiasts are not bikies, and bikies are not technically all motorcycle enthusiasts.

You are talking about the anti-consorting laws. These laws only apply to those with specific criminal records, or with specific criminal links to those they are consorting with. The innocent have nothing to worry about.

For examples sake: If someone is done for importing and manufacturing drugs and jailed then released, and someone at a bikie clubhouse has been done for dealing and distributing drugs... then the anti consorting laws allow police to take action and prevent those two associating together.

That's what Strike Force Raptor and the NSW Police OMCG units focus on. They also focus on "picking on bikies" if you like, nabbing them for every little minute thing they do illegally. The idea is a smart approach and is one that has been used successfully overseas.

By continual "harassment" and arrests for minor issues (and in doing so allowing police full search rights of a house/vehicle/etc), the bikies soon get fed up with it, realise the clubhouse isn't worth all the "harassment", and leave the bikie club.

That's the intended idea, and also the idea behind the anti consorting laws. To prevent more major crimes happening before they do.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Specific?
How are the Police going to know who did what how long ago?
Its pretty much a blanket law that isn't enforceable.
Just annoys me to see the Government confiscate pool tables and alcahol just to be pricks in case someone does something in the future, like them or not its Communist powers that equals a breach of basic rights.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How do you know the confiscated goods weren't:
a) stolen
b) purchased with a stolen credit card
c) purchased with the proceeds of crime (i.e drug money).

Police have access to everyones criminal records, warnings, and even mentions (even if the person gets a section 10 in court).

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you know where their stuff came from?
Without conviction again we see the Police given powers to punish without an actual conviction, its a loose cannon scenario evolving into Judge Dredd.
Open to abuse.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Motorcycle enthusiasts are not bikies, and bikies are not technically all motorcycle enthusiasts.

You are talking about the anti-consorting laws. These laws only apply to those with specific criminal records, or with specific criminal links to those they are consorting with. The innocent have nothing to worry about.

For examples sake: If someone is done for importing and manufacturing drugs and jailed then released, and someone at a bikie clubhouse has been done for dealing and distributing drugs... then the anti consorting laws allow police to take action and prevent those two associating together.

That's what Strike Force Raptor and the NSW Police OMCG units focus on. They also focus on "picking on bikies" if you like, nabbing them for every little minute thing they do illegally. The idea is a smart approach and is one that has been used successfully overseas.

By continual "harassment" and arrests for minor issues (and in doing so allowing police full search rights of a house/vehicle/etc), the bikies soon get fed up with it, realise the clubhouse isn't worth all the "harassment", and leave the bikie club.

That's the intended idea, and also the idea behind the anti consorting laws. To prevent more major crimes happening before they do.
While the outcome is desired I find it hard to accept the method

Yes they will harass the shit out of re-offenders but there will also be those who've given it up caught/harassed by the same laws

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I've got a friend who was with the Newcastle chapter with one of the main bikie gangs.
He claims that police raided their clubhouse, hog tied the lot of them and seized all their drugs.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've got a friend who was with the Newcastle chapter with one of the main bikie gangs.
He claims that police raided their clubhouse, hog tied the lot of them and seized all their drugs.
FMD.... c**ts.... all the drugs???? :( what pricks those pigs are

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
FMD.... c**ts.... all the drugs???? :( what pricks those pigs are
I remember a time when the Police Force had to ban cops from ecstasy on their days off.
Are you telling me the Federal Government can pump up alcohol tax four times a year then the State Government can kick in your door and take it off you if your mate is a naughty little prick?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
These laws aren’t just for bikies it affects everyone with a criminal record.
If you and a Friend happened to have criminal records you both can get charged for speaking to each other.

A

Alexander the Great

what's new.....

Status
Not open for further replies.