PlayStation pro vs Xbox one X

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks to all you basturds I took everyone's info on board Xbox lovers and ps4 lovers presented a good case with pros and cons and decided to go for the ps4 pro

Now please help me with some games I started off with 4 games which are in the pic please let us know of games that you have played and recommend.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Thanks to all you basturds I took everyone's info on board Xbox lovers and ps4 lovers presented a good case with pros and cons and decided to go for the ps4 pro

Now please help me with some games I started off with 4 games which are in the pic please let us know of games that you have played and recommend.
First thing:

Get Playstation Plus subscription. It's $80 a year (after 2 week trial) but you need it to play online and as an added bonus you get a bunch of free games each month. For example, the free games this month include Metal Gear Solid 5 (really good game) and Amnesia Dark Descent.

Second thing:

For games I'd suggest the following:

- Horizon: Zero Dawn (Great open game with some of the best graphics you'll see especially on the PS Pro. Also has amazing gameplay)

- The Last of Us (Pretty much a must play. Amazing story)

- Uncharted series (One of the greatest video game series ever. I'd suggest getting the remastered Uncharted that includes the first 3 games. You can skip game 1 if you want as it's not that great compared to the others and doesn't really need to be played in the series. Uncharted 2 and 3 are amazing. Uncharted 4 is great too)

There are many, many, many more good games but that would be enough to keep you busy for months.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

War thunder flying round in ww2 planes fighting ***** is pretty fun

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing:

Get Playstation Plus subscription. It's $80 a year (after 2 week trial) but you need it to play online and as an added bonus you get a bunch of free games each month. For example, the free games this month include Metal Gear Solid 5 (really good game) and Amnesia Dark Descent.

Second thing:

- Horizon: Zero Dawn (Great open game with some of the best graphics you'll see especially on the PS Pro. Also has amazing gameplay)

- Uncharted series (One of the greatest video game series ever. I'd suggest getting the remastered Uncharted that includes the first 3 games. You can skip game 1 if you want as it's not that great compared to the others and doesn't really need to be played in the series. Uncharted 2 and 3 are amazing. Uncharted 4 is great too)

There are many, many, many more good games but that would be enough to keep you busy for months.
Thanks bro can't wait to hook it up and also can't wait till tomorrow for the release of gran turismo sport.

also you might be able too help me out here.

Do you reckon I should buy a cooling fan for the console or you reckon I should avoid I am gonna be playing it a lot since I'm off work for a couple months and no footy season.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks bro can't wait to hook it up and also can't wait till tomorrow for the release of gran turismo sport.

Do you reckon I should buy a cooling fan for the console or you reckon I should avoid I am gonna be playing it a lot since I'm off work for a couple months and no footy season.
Nah, don't need it. The original PS4 didn't need a cooling fan but the internal fan got a bit loud especially as it got older. The PS4 Pro stays nice and cool and isn't overly loud either. Definitely won't need a fan for it.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, don't need it. The original PS4 didn't need a cooling fan but the internal fan got a bit loud especially as it got older. The PS4 Pro stays nice and cool and isn't overly loud either. Definitely won't need a fan for it.
Champion thanks bro.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
First thing:

Second thing:

I can agree the games suggested are all great games that u will get immersed in. The Last of Us is a masterpiece if u have not played it before highly recommend it.

The Uncharted games i also really enjoyed ( also made by the same company that did The Last of Us) so u can't go wrong with those games.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, the Uncharted Collection and Horizon Zero Dawn are all on sale on the Playstation store right now.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Until Dawn is an underated game i reckon. Because it's more like playing out a horror movie with choice based play per say it copped a bit of flack. I actually liked it because it was a different kind of game and found the story for what it is pretty cool. The clichés of the characters also made it funny at times too.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless ur going to be playing Gran Turismo online as it doesn't really have a single player career mode in it just a challenge based "campaign" as they have called it. They are really pushing it as a multiplayer game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my PS4 to a Pro for about $240. Seems like a decent decent deal considering i need and new controller and my current PS4 feels like it's going to shit itself.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks unreal will be getting that game for sure love planes
May i suggest
153_large.jpg

I thought the joy stick would be absolute rubbish but was very surprised takes a bit od getting used to but it definitely adds another dimension to gaming

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

May not be necessary but you can get a rack mount set of leds to highlight your new toys and if it doesn't really do anything it still looks fucking cool
SL480B-900b.jpg

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I've got a slim PS4 500GB with 3 games and 2 controllers.
I had a friend offer me $250 but wanted to see if I can get a bit more?
Hasn't been turned on since April, just sitting there collecting dust!
Don't even know if it still works?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hey guys need your help in choosing one or the other first of all I've always been a PlayStation fan don't know why more variety of games and better games as in my old school favourites biggest downer ps4 pro don't have the game killer instinct which I should state is my favourite games,
overall good quality gaming console

Now the last time I owned a Xbox was a long time ago it was the Xbox 360 which I really liked and chipped it and had it a long time.

Now big question this is where I want you guys to help me regarding

Graphics Specs controllers and overall styling of both machines and overall personal preference

Pros and cons of both and taking in account the Xbox is about $180 more then the ps4

And yes I know Xbox one X is not out yet it's only pre order

But any help would be appreciated greatly.
I wouldn't buy a new concole for the sake of one game. Go with PS4P.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I think PS4 is the winner in this debate. Much better exclusives (IMO), Playstation VR, better interface (the Xbone one shits me). Only things I prefer on Xbone are the controller (PS4 is designed for midget hands) and the fact that everyone plays Battlefield 1 on Xbone.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Been playing the PC version of Shadow of War with full 4k textures. Looks amazing. Gameplay has been perfectly tweaked too. Amazing game.
Played one of the ps3 versions of this game which was enjoyable but I regrettably dont have enough time to play this type of game to the degree that it deserves. I do love a good rpg but I find myself playing more sports games and fps shooters online as it is more gratifying for me to dominate in that type of environment. I can obtain a certain level of enjoyment quickly whereas rpg's I tend to get caught up in micro managing which is always time consuming...but enjoyable, much to the dismay of the missus.

Status
Not open for further replies.