Playing Blue Ray Disks on my PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I tried both Avatar and Star Wars and they don't display correctly.

I have a Samsung rear Projection TV, 46 Inch, connected to me PS3 via RCA's

The picture liikes likes it has been split, blue on the left side, yellow on the right hand side.

It it just cause my TV is old and isn't connected via a HDMI cable

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably. Im guessing you are connecting through RCA cables?

if so, thr the scart connection (you should have gotten an adaptor with the ps3)

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think i got anything extra with it, it's connected by the RCA's from the TV to the PS3, normal DVD's work fine

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You sure you have it connected RCA to RCA & not component video to RCA or vice versa?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Done!,

checked that last night, What's the point of component anyway, you dont get sound and you have to use RCA's as well anyway

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
howcome you dont connect the hdmi cable from the ps3 to the tv instead of the RCA Components?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's an old TV, HDMI Wasn't invented when i bought this TV

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Done!,

checked that last night, What's the point of component anyway, you dont get sound and you have to use RCA's as well anyway
Component video:
Component video consists of three signals. The first is the luminance signal, which indicates brightness or black & white information that is contained in the original RGB signal. It is referred to as the "Y" component. The second and third signals are called "color difference" signals which indicate how much blue and red there is relative to luminance. The blue component is "B-Y" and the red component is "R-Y". The color difference signals are mathematical derivatives of the RGB signal.

Green doesn't need to be transmitted as a separate signal since it can be inferred from the "Y, B-Y, R-Y" combination. The display device knows how bright the image is from the Y component, and since it knows how much is blue and red, it figures the rest must be green so it fills it in.

Once we've got our video information packaged up in component video format we've reduced bandwidth requirements by a factor of 3 to 2. But more compression was required for broadcast purposes. So back in 1953 when color television was born, a technique was developed to compress all of the component video information into one signal for broadcast. That one signal defined by the National Television Standards Committee (NTSC) is known as composite video.

Read More Here

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now dvd's aren't working

Status
Not open for further replies.