Players with no club for 2020.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
True and fatboi Suli true. They definitely surprised a lot of people including me.
It will be interesting to see how they go.
I absolutely despise everything about Manly so will be death riding them haha

yeah hahaahha... I'm not a fan but I liked what they were doing.. I liked that they could throw anybody in and they would do a job... One issue for Des is that Moses never cracked any position, Lichaa obviously couldn't crack it in FG, and Reynolds got worse... I don't know what another coach could have done differently because Lichaa doesn't seem like he has done any work of his own to improve on his service, Moses is still shit, and Reynolds is playing Canterbury Cup under another premiership winning coach

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
yeah hahaahha... I'm not a fan but I liked what they were doing.. I liked that they could throw anybody in and they would do a job... One issue for Des is that Moses never cracked any position, Lichaa obviously couldn't crack it in FG, and Reynolds got worse... I don't know what another coach could have done differently because Lichaa doesn't seem like he has done any work of his own to improve on his service, Moses is still shit, and Reynolds is playing Canterbury Cup under another premiership winning coach
Des has a lot of time to build that roster he wanted. He’ll be very top heavy contract wise with no depth, especially if they get a few players injured or jailed

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des has a lot of time to build that roster he wanted. He’ll be very top heavy contract wise with no depth, especially if they get a few players injured or jailed

see what happens.. be interesting to know how much Marty and Addin resigned for... but I tell you what, those two are worth every cent... they are right in contention for the next couple of seasons... just sucks for them that they offloaded Api before dickhead did what he did

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
see what happens.. be interesting to know how much Marty and Addin resigned for... but I tell you what, those two are worth every cent... they are right in contention for the next couple of seasons... just sucks for them that they offloaded Api before dickhead did what he did
I'm pretty sure AFB was off contract around the time we signed Napa. I thought he was exceptional in the 2018 season. If we threw him 650k it would of be enough imo.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crawley has just come across the nrl.com contract list which is pretty inaccurate.

Timm and Perrett > Broncos train & trials
Kalache > Dogs outside top 30
Bowen, Bernard Lewis, Nick Lui Toso and GGM > Northern Pride
Hiroti > Sharks train & trial
Mago > Souths train & trial
George Fai > QLD Reds
Brenko > Easts Tigers (Storm pre season)
Leleisiuao > Burleigh
Maranta > Wynnum Manly
Nicholls > Souths Logan

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I remember the NSWRL announcers always creamed their jeans over Leleisiuao. Kinda reminded me of Matt Utai a bit.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crawley has just come across the nrl.com contract list which is pretty inaccurate.

Timm and Perrett > Broncos train & trials
Kalache > Dogs outside top 30
Bowen, Bernard Lewis, Nick Lui Toso and GGM > Northern Pride
Hiroti > Sharks train & trial
Mago > Souths train & trial
George Fai > QLD Reds
Brenko > Easts Tigers (Storm pre season)
Leleisiuao > Burleigh
Maranta > Wynnum Manly
Nicholls > Souths Logan
I think the point is if another club came along and offered one of these guys a top30 spot, they would probably grab it.

There is a big 2nd rower surplus in the NRL atm

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I got a teenage son playing rugby league and when i hear stories like this of good players that cant find a contract i feel like taking my son out of league

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a teenage son playing rugby league and when i hear stories like this of good players that cant find a contract i feel like taking my son out of league
Really? Pretty much all those players have had several chances at several clubs and failed to make the most of it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure AFB was off contract around the time we signed Napa. I thought he was exceptional in the 2018 season. If we threw him 650k it would of be enough imo.
The bloke that plead guilty to kicking his pregnant wife in the stomach?
No thanks

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
No thanks
Don't think that was Fonua-Blake who did that. Maybe Tetevano or Richie Fa'oso?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No worries, can't remember that one. There are so many of these incidents its hard to keep track!
The article didnt mention she was pregnant though.
There are way too many incidents like that. He’s a good player but I’ll never respect him or want him at the dogs after that

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No thanks
One of the best Prop's in the game this year and would make the team of the season. Hard for me to put a line through him when he's still allowed to play in the NRL.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
One of the best Prop's in the game this year and would make the team of the season. Hard for me to put a line through him when he's still allowed to play in the NRL.
Everyone’s different but I couldn’t cheer or support someone like that

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That seems like an odd comment tbh.

Wouldn't your son be playing because he enjoys it, not because of the 1/100 chance he might make a living out of it?