Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how have we lost in the last 18 months
Grapham
Woods
Moses maybe
The twins and potentially klemmer I know we chipping in a few blokes
But fuck me what we have left how much cash they on how geez are they paying average players 400-500 a year It’s got me fucked how we have lost near 7-8 decent players and have to be fair a average crop and still have to shed players our cap must be a mess
Sorry if I missed any player it’s all got me fucked I look at other teams and think on paper we in trouble

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roosters have Tedesco, Cronk, Keary, Latrell, Cordner, Hargreaves, Napa etc and probably still have plenty left... we need a sombrero

Barry Fozzard 1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Roosters have Tedesco, Cronk, Keary, Latrell, Cordner, Hargreaves, Napa etc and probably still have plenty left... we need a sombrero
......and 3 international wingers including signing our Brett Morris who we can't afford to keep. If this is the advantage of third party deals for Roosters players then the salary cap is fucking useless and we might as well get rid of it because it's only further assisting the bigger clubs with plenty of third party sponsors.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
......and 3 international wingers including signing our Brett Morris who we can't afford to keep. If this is the advantage of third party deals for Roosters players then the salary cap is fucking useless and we might as well get rid of it because it's only further assisting the bigger clubs with plenty of third party sponsors.

It's an absolute joke... and we aren't even one of the worse off teams re tpa's.... imagine how Canberra must feel, especially since they already struggle to attract players given their location

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but how many players are we still paying to play at other clubs?

Kas? Mbye? Reynolds? Woods? Hodko?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
how have we lost in the last 18 months
Grapham
Woods
Moses maybe
The twins and potentially klemmer I know we chipping in a few blokes
But fuck me what we have left how much cash they on how geez are they paying average players 400-500 a year It’s got me fucked how we have lost near 7-8 decent players and have to be fair a average crop and still have to shed players our cap must be a mess
Sorry if I missed any player it’s all got me fucked I look at other teams and think on paper we in trouble
What about jt. We lost jt ><

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anybody who thinks the club has been open and honest about the clubs salary cap position should book a ticket to Vienna now. Because you need a team of Austrian psychologists working on you around the clock. That's the only way you are going to get better.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but how many players are we still paying to play at other clubs?

Kas? Mbye? Reynolds? Woods? Hodko?
Well now Eastwood otherwise known as 800k or deadwood is gone.. They should start buying up big.. No excuses

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s got me fucked is how bad over the cap were we like we had to shed to be under pretty much lost all our rep players it’s plan negligence of funds how Hasler can get another job is beyond me I hope Barrett is real pain in his ass this year

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still take it personally that Darren Smith left in 1994. At least he came back to us, but not before he kinda helped Brisbane carve us up in the 98 gf. I get that it’s a different world now, but fmd I miss the likes of Steve Reardon and Simon Gillies. Truly loyal guys who bled blue and white. And from all reports, top blokes too.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anybody who thinks the club has been open and honest about the clubs salary cap position should book a ticket to Vienna now. Because you need a team of Austrian psychologists working on you around the clock. That's the only way you are going to get better.
I know they are lying, if they can get us Cook back and Cotric all will be forgiven on my end

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just goes to show how important it is for the members of the football club to get it right when we elect the board. Managing player recruitment / retention, selection of coaching and football club staff, player managers, sponsors, the press, our junior development, the cap etc etc is a complicated business and requires a high level of expertise.

Get a few of these things even slightly wrong and you are in a world of pain. Fixing these mistakes takes years as we are currently experiencing.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Had a chat with damien cook today

I asked him to come back to the dogs

He said 'you never know anything can happen and contracts mean nothing. I dont even know who my coach is the whole situation is a joke'

Nassif

Waterboy
Reaction score
Had a chat with damien cook today

I asked him to come back to the dogs

He said 'you never know anything can happen and contracts mean nothing. I dont even know who my coach is the whole situation is a joke'
How was his wedding?