Opinion Players that need to be moved on.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My answer & assessment for the lot them
Stimson yes...he is a waste of cap & squad space.
Jackson no...every team needs a players to do their dirty work.
Elliott yes...he needs fresh start elsewhere, we do too.
Allen no...he will become good in a better team.
Cotric no...he will become better in a good team.
Waddell yes...no more than a reserve grader.
Flanagan yes...I have lost any hope for him, needs to go ESL to regain confidence.
Allen yes and Jackson is getting old so after his 2023 contract he is gonna be older then his dad so I hope we don’t resign him then

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson offers no punch at all, when did he last score or make a line break, he reminds me of a flogged to death horse. Look at the young manly back rowers they crap on him and are far cheaper.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson offers no punch at all, when did he last score or make a line break, he reminds me of a flogged to death horse. Look at the young manly back rowers they crap on him and are far cheaper.
Once we fix our defence it will be a lot easier for Jackson, but I believe we need a different captain

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They should’ve broomed all off contract 15 to start with
But nooooooo
They went and re signed jmk knockonbur katoa etc
Many many more years of shit even with the decent players coming in
The shit that’s still there will make them all smell and play bad

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s something WRONG with the attitude in this team. Guess that’s an understatement.
Just watched the highlights.

Okunbur scores at the end and our guys are hi-fiveing and smiling like they’ve won a finals game.
Bunch of pansies.
Where is the ticker in this team?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There’s something WRONG with the attitude in this team. Guess that’s an understatement.

Okunbur scores at the end and our guys are hi-fiveing and smiling like they’ve won a finals game.
Bunch of pansies.
Thompson put on a shot to create an error/turn over tackle and literally no celebration/hype. The game was in the balance too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bunch of pansies.
They are just used to losing and the entire club has a losing culture. Losing has been made acceptable.

I think this is why building the lower grades is so important for Gus. If you have strong juniors that are used to winning all the time it flows into first grade. Losing just cannot be tolerated like it is right now.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d keep Cotric aswell, just a bad contract price. But will mix in nicely with the backline next season.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan yes...I have lost any hope for him, needs to go ESL to regain confidence.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bunch of pansies.
Maybe because it was brilliant effort from Okunbur - possibly the try of the year.

If we'd had 60% possession, and the flow of penalties that the Knights enjoyed, I reckon we'd beat them.

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Bunch of pansies.
I agree something is wrong with the attitude BUT that was a great try and deserved some high fives. The moment of concern for me was when Thompson absolutely smashed some young fella who dropped the ball and hardly anyone got around him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agree

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan has to go. A big call but he cost the dogs the game yesterday. Jackson, Elliott stay for sure. The dogs have to build loyalty. Lewis had his best game in ages yesterday and his enthusiasm alone adds energy to the team. He is a handy budget halves back up. I am impressed by Thompson wanting to stay. Perhaps trial him as captain. If they can teach Heatherington to bend and tackle in the bread basket, he stays. Otherwise here’s your hat what’s your hurry. Okunbor I have always considered a great prospect and a potential line busting centre with his size and speed. A junior they will nurture. Allen had a poor game yesterday but worth seeing what he can do when given more space by those inside of him but is most likely, like Lewis a bench back up. Clean out Napa, Meany and never was Hoppa are leaving anyway. See what a difference the new arrivals can make. And then the big issue is fix their defence. Move up and don’t stop 10 metres from the ball carrier. And especially no backpedaling as the ball barrier approaches. Up and in with cover defenders trained to catch any that slip around the wings. In attack every player has a role to play regardless of whether they will get the ball or not.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree that a bunch should be shopped around - but we can't just "tap on the shoulder" and tear up contracts, somebody has to want to take them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan, Waddell, Elliot, Wakeham, Stimson can all leave.
We probably need Wakeham (only cos he is signed and we have only 1 half worth keeping in BBO). What a shambles.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree that a bunch should be shopped around - but we can't just "tap on the shoulder" and tear up contracts, somebody has to want to take them.
Tell them they're in reserves all year if they dont go? We are desperate to get some first graders so this lot must go. Hopefully Gus finds a way.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They should’ve broomed all off contract 15 to start with
But nooooooo
They went and re signed jmk knockonbur katoa etc
Many many more years of shit even with the decent players coming in
The shit that’s still there will make them all smell and play bad
We are always going to need reserves of course at a reasonable price unfortunately every thing seems will look wrong until our problems are sorted.