Players off contact from Top 30 2020

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 30 Off Contract 2020 - (17)
Reimis Smith, Will Hopoate, Kerrod Holland, Morgan Harper Marcello Montoya, Isaiah Tass, Keiran Foran, Jack Cogger, Brandon Wakeham, Jake Averillo, Adam Elliott, Chris Smith, Josh Jackson, Raymond Faitaler-Mariner, Aidan Tolman, Renouf ToOmaga, Suauso Sue.

Re-Signed - (2)
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (2022), Lachlan Lewis (2021)

Players I would keep
Reimis Smith
Will Hopoate
Morgan Harper
Isaiah Tass
Brandon Wakeham
Jake Averillo
Josh Jackson
RFM
Renouf Toomaga

The ones I would let go
Kerrod Holland
Marcello Montoya
Kieran Foran
Aiden Tolman
Chris Smith
Adam Elliott
Suauso Sue

Unsure
Jack Cogger

Bored so thought I do a list of our off contracted players for 2020 and bit of a change of topic over hearing about Latrell

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree with all except definately keep Cogger. Pay will keep Elliot for sure though

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You ain't getting rid of Elliott that easy!

I'd resign all except Montoya, Holland, Sue and Foran with his recent injury. IF (lol) Foran somehow survived injury free when he returns for the rest of the season possibly a small contract. Otherwise Lewis and Wakeham (possibly Cogger) in the Halves moving forward. An area we need to strengthen but probably not possible. Need a Halfback more then a Five-Eighth too. I think we can get one to two more years out of Tolman post 2020. It'll depend if he wants to take a last big contract elsewhere. We want to keep our leaders through this recruitment process if we can.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure there's already a few threads like this but solid effort and I agree with most you've listed. I'd keep cogger and maybe elliot and sue though

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The list looks like its been copied and paste from my Bulldogs Canterbury Cup page on facebook Jackson apart from of course your opinion on who you would keep and not keep. ;)

Reimis Smith, Will Hopoate, Kerrod Holland, Morgan Harper Marcello Montoya, Isaiah Tass, Keiran Foran, Jack Cogger, Brandon Wakeham, Jake Averillo, Adam Elliott, Chris Smith, Josh Jackson, Raymond Faitaler-Mariner, Aidan Tolman, Renouf ToOmaga, Suauso Sue.

Re-Signed - (2)

Players I would keep
Reimis Smith
Will Hopoate
Morgan Harper
Isaiah Tass
Brandon Wakeham
Jake Averillo
Josh Jackson
RFM
Renouf Toomaga

The ones I would let go
Kerrod Holland
Marcello Montoya
Kieran Foran
Aiden Tolman
Chris Smith
Adam Elliott
Suauso Sue

Unsure
Jack Cogger

Bored so thought I do a list of our off contracted players for 2020 and bit of a change of topic over hearing about Latrell

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bring back lichaa . We miss his 1 metre run forward to run 10 metres back to pass to a flat forward standing still.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back lichaa . We miss his 1 metre run forward to run 10 metres back to pass to a flat forward standing still.
Strange that Manly haven’t gone for him in their predicament...no, actually it’s not.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
resign lewis and keep the same shit team we had last year

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score

Re-Signed - (2)

Players I would keep
Reimis Smith
Will Hopoate
Morgan Harper
Isaiah Tass
Brandon Wakeham
Jake Averillo
Josh Jackson
RFM
Renouf Toomaga

The ones I would let go
Kerrod Holland
Marcello Montoya
Kieran Foran
Aiden Tolman
Chris Smith
Adam Elliott
Suauso Sue

Unsure
Jack Cogger

I agree with your list, I'd love to see us add a Roy Asotasi/Taumalolo type forward in the middle and the best I see available is Taukeiaho. I don't think a Cogger/Lewis combo will win us a premiership, I know he is not established as a top quality half yet but I think the kid is classy. I'd like to see us throw the bank at a kid like Dylan Brown from Parra. His time, space, awarness and class reminds me of the great All Black Dan Carter. I'm from a union background in NZ so he comes to mind.

Love to see a backline looking something similar in 2021 building towards a title in 2022........build titles don't buy them

1. DWZ
2. R.Smith
3. J.Averillo
4. I.Tass
5. T.Harding
6. D.Brown
7. L.Lewis

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree with your list, I'd love to see us add a Roy Asotasi/Taumalolo type forward in the middle and the best I see available is Taukeiaho. I don't think a Cogger/Lewis combo will win us a premiership, I know he is not established as a top quality half yet but I think the kid is classy. I'd like to see us throw the bank at a kid like Dylan Brown from Parra. His time, space, awarness and class reminds me of the great All Black Dan Carter. I'm from a union background in NZ so he comes to mind.

Love to see a backline looking something similar in 2021 building towards a title in 2022........build titles don't buy them

1. DWZ
2. R.Smith
3. J.Averillo
4. I.Tass
5. T.Harding
6. D.Brown
7. L.Lewis
It’s a lovely dream.

That’s all it is though sadly.

Tedesco keary cronk 3/4 of the premierships spine all bought and on big $

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have grave fears they'll waste all of the cap space upgrading Elliott, Sue and Cogger etc and we'll lose our best juniors like Averillo, Wakeham, Taas, Kalache etc because they weren't given a proper chance and aren't rated highly enough by Pay and the club.

But hey, we've finished 13th and 12th the last few seasons so why wouldn't they re-sign everyone that contributed to those amazing results and why would any of the juniors be given a chance when we have such a star studded team?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Re-Signed - (2)

Players I would keep
Reimis Smith
Will Hopoate
Morgan Harper
Isaiah Tass
Brandon Wakeham
Jake Averillo
Josh Jackson
RFM
Renouf Toomaga

The ones I would let go
Kerrod Holland
Marcello Montoya
Kieran Foran
Aiden Tolman
Chris Smith
Adam Elliott
Suauso Sue

Unsure
Jack Cogger

LATRENE

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s a lovely dream.

That’s all it is though sadly.

Tedesco keary cronk 3/4 of the premierships spine all bought and on big $
The most successful and consistent NBA side still continue to do it and do it well in the San Antonio Spurs. Get the people in the right places for development and recruitment and back yours staff like they do. I'm not saying they are definitely going to win another championship in a hurry but when you continue to produce the talent they consistently do you will always stay relevant in the playoff picture and a major force and once your window of opportunity arises you need to take it. I think they will in the next few years.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good list. Next ..!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The most successful and consistent NBA side still continue to do it and do it well in the San Antonio Spurs. Get the people in the right places for development and recruitment and back yours staff like they do. I'm not saying they are definitely going to win another championship in a hurry but when you continue to produce the talent they consistently do you will always stay relevant in the playoff picture and a major force and once your window of opportunity arises you need to take it. I think they will in the next few years.
Sorry mate, I’m a bit nba fan too.

Spurs have signed Aldridge and traded for derozan.

They also aren’t competing with any top team anytime soon.

They had an incredible run going back to Robinson, duncan and then with Duncan Parker ginobli etc. though look now:

Warriors recruited their best player kd.

Miami with lebron and bosh

Raptors leonard

Not to mention the role players they add like warriors did with Iggy, Livingston, McGee, west.

Miami with Miller, allen, battier, birdman, Lewis.

Raptors with green, Gasol, ibaka Monroe.

It’s not comparable
Really.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is contact some sort of code for something illicit, and if so, why were these players on it in the first place?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have grave fears they'll waste all of the cap space upgrading Elliott, Sue and Cogger etc and we'll lose our best juniors like Averillo, Wakeham, Taas, Kalache etc because they weren't given a proper chance and aren't rated highly enough by Pay and the club.

But hey, we've finished 13th and 12th the last few seasons so why wouldn't they re-sign everyone that contributed to those amazing results and why would any of the juniors be given a chance when we have such a star studded team?
For us to be anywhere near the cap with this squad, blokes like Tolman, Holland, Elliott, Hoppa, RFM and Montoya must be on mega dollars more than they're worth. Losing them and Foran must surely create enough cap space to keep our best juniors and get a couple of quality spine players, even if we keep Hoppa and maybe RFM.

I know a lot reckon Elliot is Pay's pet but unless he finds something extra, I can't see him staying. What has he got? Average defender - doesn't hurt anyone, not a great attacker, doesn't have a pass, drifts out of games.... He makes one decent play about every half dozen games. He's like a wound up version of Gary Warburton who tries really really hard and I can't see Pay or the club wanting him unless there's vast improvement next year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For us to be anywhere near the cap with this squad, blokes like Tolman, Holland, Elliott, Hoppa, RFM and Montoya must be on mega dollars more than they're worth. Losing them and Foran must surely create enough cap space to keep our best juniors and get a couple of quality spine players, even if we keep Hoppa and maybe RFM.

I know a lot reckon Elliot is Pay's pet but unless he finds something extra, I can't see him staying. What has he got? Average defender - doesn't hurt anyone, not a great attacker, doesn't have a pass, drifts out of games.... He makes one decent play about every half dozen games. He's like a wound up version of Gary Warburton who tries really really hard and I can't see Pay or the club wanting him unless there's vast improvement next year.
I think Tolman, Foran, Hoppa, Jackson and Napa would be on a combined $3.5 to $4 million due to previous backended deals, aside from Napa that is.

So it's understandable that we'd have limited cap space for 2020. We'd still have 500k or so but that's a complete guess obviously.

They shouldn't even consider extending Elliott, Foran or Tolman at all. It would be a hard decision but if Jackson is after big money then they should let him walk also as they could find better value elsewhere.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Tolman, Foran, Hoppa, Jackson and Napa would be on a combined $3.5 to $4 million due to previous backended deals, aside from Napa that is.

So it's understandable that we'd have limited cap space for 2020. We'd still have 500k or so but that's a complete guess obviously.

They shouldn't even consider extending Elliott, Foran or Tolman at all. It would be a hard decision but if Jackson is after big money then they should let him walk also as they could find better value elsewhere.
I think Jacko also isn't back ended - on a flat $600k for his whole contract. Still agree it would be about $4 mill for that lot.