Players at Fault not Coach

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
True that, even Cronk was saying it. They needed to be patient and pick them off in the middle and when the time is right then strike them outwide. We could of had a field day but instead we kept going wide straight away. Just no brains
Impatient and no experience

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That phrase comes out quite a lot blame the players but eventually it’s the coach that gets the bullet.

Most of the players have a poor attitude and things haven’t changed in years. No effort or determination, poor fitness.

We need a few more very good players next year to change things and there’s honestly some players signed next year and beyond who need to be moved on.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
That phrase comes out quite a lot blame the players but eventually it’s the coach that gets the bullet.

Most of the players have a poor attitude and things haven’t changed in years. No effort or determination, poor fitness.

We need a few more very good players next year to change things and there’s honestly some players signed next year and beyond who need to be moved on.
Can you imagine everyone playing like DWZ

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Impatient and no experience
The team as a whole has become accustomed to losing and forgotten how to win. With up to 15 players contracts expiring you would think they would be playing their asses off for potential suitors but it seems they don't give a rats ass with all the smiles and good times after each loss. Totally pathetic, they have absolutely no pride for themselves nor for our jersey!!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The team as a whole has become accustomed to losing and forgotten how to win. With up to 15 players contracts expiring you would think they would be playing their asses off for potential suitors but it seems they don't give a rats ass with all the smiles and good times after each loss. Totally pathetic, they have absolutely no pride for themselves nor our jersey!!!
Team/fans/supporters/other clubs/other fans etc .. have all become accustomed to the Doggies losing, and the worst bunch Of guys to wear this jersey.. it’s a real shame to the name, SUCKS.!!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team/fans/supporters/other clubs/other fans etc .. have all become accustomed to the Doggies losing, and the worst bunch Of guys to wear this jersey.. it’s a real shame to the name, SUCKS.!!!
Totally agree Scoooby but when these players come off contract and find themselves without a new contract / club and they find themselves working for minimum wage in dead end jobs they will no longer be smiling and carrying on. Reality is a cruel bitch, her teeth are sharp and she tends to bite....hard. these guys have forgotten how privileged and lucky they are to be wearing our jersey and playing league at the top level

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
The team as a whole has become accustomed to losing and forgotten how to win. With up to 15 players contracts expiring you would think they would be playing their asses off for potential suitors but it seems they don't give a rats ass with all the smiles and good times after each loss. Totally pathetic, they have absolutely no pride for themselves nor for our jersey!!!
They don’t deserve that jersey, to me it feels like they just give up to easily

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To me from one game to another it looks like they are just going through the motions.....very un bulldog like. I now understand what Barrett meant by his "if they don't lie to me" quote. I dare say the team is divided and has been since the Elliott fiasco during the off season.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
To me from one game to another it looks like they are just going through the motions.....very un bulldog like. I now understand what Barrett meant by his "if they don't lie to me" quote. I dare say the team is divided and has been since the Elliott fiasco during the off season.
Well 15 players might not be here next year and hopefully get some players with balls to put us back on top, and slowly start getting rid of the dead weights.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game & loss yesterday shows its the players that are our biggest problem and not the coach..

Opposition team is down by 2 players and our spine players & others still didn't know how to take advantage of it..

At NRL level players should be able to take advantage of the situation..
Well let's look at our spine. DWZ is an international fullback (somehow) & really is a 1 trick pony - ie charge into the defence line hard. Wakeham played his 14th game & 5th @5/8. Averillo played his 21st game & 1st at HB & Katoa, is the other experienced one playing his 66th match & 36th at starting hooker, but is not up to 1st grade standard IMO.

The inexperience in the halves really cost us when it counted but I thought Averillo added a lot more spark to the attack without Flanagan there. Player development has been a big problem in our club dating back to when Des took charge. It may take more time for anything put into place after he left to bear fruit.

I think the players are partly at fault, by not putting in their best at all times & really shouldn't need a coach to motivate them, but a coach needs to make sure they ARE motivated. He also should have hooked Elliott too. Let's see what happens this week at selection now that Barrett can select players outside the top 30. It will do some players good to be dropped but will Barrett do it? We shall see Tuesday.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well let's look at our spine. DWZ is an international fullback (somehow) & really is a 1 trick pony - ie charge into the defence line hard. Wakeham played his 14th game & 5th @5/8. Averillo played his 21st game & 1st at HB & Katoa, is the other experienced one playing his 66th match & 36th at starting hooker, but is not up to 1st grade standard IMO.

The inexperience in the halves really cost us when it counted but I thought Averillo added a lot more spark to the attack without Flanagan there. Player development has been a big problem in our club dating back to when Des took charge. It may take more time for anything put into place after he left to bear fruit.

I think the players are partly at fault, by not putting in their best at all times & really shouldn't need a coach to motivate them, but a coach needs to make sure they ARE motivated. He also should have hooked Elliott too. Let's see what happens this week at selection now that Barrett can select players outside the top 30. It will do some players good to be dropped but will Barrett do it? We shall see Tuesday.
The 30 man squad is mainly rubbish.. there is no one else in the 30 that will change the result..
But inexpereince aside the players out there yesterday were clueless how to make the most of the man advantage..