Players and Social Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do players appear to be using social media far less this year than last year (and years before)??

Lichaa appears to have closed his account, and most other players barely use Instagram/Twitter much at all (maybe a post a fortnight now).

I'm wondering if they've been told to stay off it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it a wonder why, fans and opposition supporters use the medium to abuse and troll ... just look at this "supporters" forum for instance lol
Agreed completely with this. It would be impossible to build confidence with a couple of hundred people calling for you to quit, pointing out who is better than you and generally making assess of themselves at your expense.

I'm not even connected to the club beyond being a supporter and I find it hard to spend time here now with the constant shit storm about everything from the ceo to the toilet paper the club buys.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed completely with this. It would be impossible to build confidence with a couple of hundred people calling for you to quit, pointing out who is better than you and generally making assess of themselves at your expense.

I'm not even connected to the club beyond being a supporter and I find it hard to spend time here now with the constant shit storm about everything from the ceo to the toilet paper the club buys.
You should have seen Michael Lichaa's instagram account, everytime he posted a pic youd just see comments from people telling him he was shit and that they wanted him to eff off and that Ennis was better ect LOL it was crazy, literally everytime he posted something he'd get trolled by doggies fans.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stanley still goes hard with his IG story lol

Reactions: DT

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
because INU and Pritchard left.....

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speaking of toilet paper, the last time I took a shit at Belmore I had to use newspaper and ended up with a paper cut on my arse. I blame Des for this. Fuck you Des.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Social media should be the least of their worries at the moment

Funny how in the USA pro players have millions and millions of followers yet still can perform and keep up with their outside shit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I find that in general social media has died down in popularity lately. I mean Facebook is a shadow of what it used to be, I'm finding that there are actors who haven't posted on their twitter in years, and Instagram is pretty much just pictures that everyone grows tired of.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Social media should be the least of their worries at the moment

Funny how in the USA pro players have millions and millions of followers yet still can perform and keep up with their outside shit.
Many of those athletes and celebs who have millions of followers have parlayed their fame and social media accounts into micro-media companies. Their handles are self-contained streams of self-promotion, brand management, and empty aphorisms more often then not farmed out to management companies, personal assistants, and interns so it no wonder "USA pro players can still perform and keep up with their outside shit"

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa is a top bloke with some talent but not sure if he's suited to our style and ofcourse there would be trolls out there who would tag him in abusive comments.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find that in general social media has died down in popularity lately. I mean Facebook is a shadow of what it used to be, I'm finding that there are actors who haven't posted on their twitter in years, and Instagram is pretty much just pictures that everyone grows tired of.
they're still there but only post on private chat groups

Status
Not open for further replies.